In today’s vast landscape of television options, there are more places than ever to discover great TV shows. Let’s quickly explore these options. We have major streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Apple TV+, Disney+, Paramount+, Peacock, and Prime Video. Traditional cable channels also play a role, with HBO, FX, Showtime, and Starz offering both cable and streaming services. Additionally, some services, like Max (formerly known as HBO Max), and FX on Hulu exclusives, operate in the middle ground, hosting a variety of content.
Navigating this plethora of choices can be confusing, but it’s also an incredible time to be a TV fan. From timeless classics like “The Sopranos” to exciting new releases, 2023 has kicked off with a bang. Shows like HBO’s “The Last of Us” and Peacock’s “Poker Face” have garnered early attention. Disney+ continues to expand the Marvel and Star Wars universes, while Academy Award-winning actors and directors are bringing fresh content. Moreover, long-awaited sequels and spin-offs are adding to the excitement.
However, TV has evolved, much like the music industry, making it harder to predict release dates. Trailers often drop just weeks or even days before a show’s premiere. Therefore, this list leans toward the speculative, with a broad idea of when these shows will be released. It’s essential to stay updated as we continue to add to the list throughout 2023.
In the meantime, take a closer look at the shows that have captured our attention—there’s plenty to choose from.
Here are some of the notable TV shows to look out for in 2023:
1. “The Last Of Us” (HBO)
- An adaptation of the beloved video game, offering a fresh take on a post-apocalyptic world.
2. “Poker Face” (Peacock)
- A mystery series led by Natasha Lyonne with a unique twist: a protagonist with a lie-detecting ability.
3. “Shrinking” (Apple TV+)
- A comedy starring Jason Segel and Harrison Ford, exploring themes of grief and therapy.
4. “Party Down” (Starz)
- The long-awaited return of the cult-classic comedy series, delighting fans with its humor and nostalgia.
5. “Daisy Jones and the Six” (Prime Video)
- An adaptation of the novel, featuring captivating performances and a fantastic soundtrack.
6. “History of the World, Part II” (Hulu)
- Mel Brooks’ hilarious return to the world of historical satire.
7. “The Big Door Prize” (Apple TV+)
- A high-concept series that delves into themes of life potential, grief, and magical realism.
8. “Beef” (Netflix)
- A comedy series that explores the consequences of a seemingly trivial road rage incident.
9. “Jury Duty”
- A unique and engaging show centered around a man unknowingly participating in a documentary about the legal system.
10. “Mrs. Davis” (Peacock)
– A genre-bending conspiracy thriller involving a nun and a world-controlling AI.
These are just a few of the exciting TV shows to watch for in 2023, with a wide range of genres and themes to cater to every viewer’s preferences. Keep an eye on these releases and enjoy the diverse and ever-expanding world of television entertainment.