Redwood City is a city located in San Mateo County, California, United States. It is situated in the heart of Silicon Valley and is known for its diverse and thriving economy, as well as its charming downtown area and access to outdoor recreation.
Redwood City has a population of approximately 85,000 people and covers an area of about 34 square kilometers. The city is home to a variety of businesses, including technology companies like Oracle and Electronic Arts, as well as healthcare and biotech firms.
The downtown area of Redwood City features numerous restaurants, bars, and shops, as well as a historic movie theater, the Fox Theatre. The city is also home to several parks and open spaces, including the popular Red Morton Park and the Bair Island Ecological Reserve.
Redwood City has a mild Mediterranean climate, with cool, wet winters and warm, dry summers. The city is easily accessible by car, with major highways like U.S. Route 101 and Interstate 280 running through the area, as well as public transportation options like Caltrain and SamTrans.
Here are the top 30 fun things to do in Redwood City, California:
- Explore the Downtown Area: Redwood City’s downtown area is filled with shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues, making it a great place to explore.
- Visit the Fox Theatre: This historic theater is a great place to catch a movie, play, or concert.
- Go to the San Mateo County History Museum: Learn about the history of the area and see exhibits on local culture and industry.
- Visit the San Mateo County Fair: This annual fair features carnival rides, games, live music, and more.
- Walk or Bike the Bay Trail: The Bay Trail is a scenic path that runs along the San Francisco Bay, offering beautiful views of the water and wildlife.
- Visit the Pulgas Water Temple: This historic temple features beautiful architecture and serves as a monument to the construction of the Hetch Hetchy Aqueduct.
- Visit the Don Edwards San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge: This wildlife refuge is home to a variety of animals, including birds, mammals, and fish.
- Check Out the Farmers Market: Redwood City hosts a weekly farmers market that features fresh produce, baked goods, and other local products.
- Visit the Redwood City Library: This modern library features a wide selection of books, as well as events and workshops for all ages.
- Go to the San Mateo County History Museum: This museum features exhibits on the history of San Mateo County, as well as rotating exhibits on various topics.
- Play Golf at the Emerald Hills Golf Course: This 18-hole golf course offers beautiful views of the Bay Area and challenging holes for players of all skill levels.
- Visit the Hiller Aviation Museum: This museum features a large collection of aviation artifacts and exhibits on the history of flight.
- Go to the Redwood City Farmers Market: This farmers market is held every Saturday and features fresh produce, baked goods, and other local products.
- Visit the Edgewood Park and Natural Preserve: This park features hiking trails, picnic areas, and stunning views of the Bay Area.
- Play Tennis at Stafford Park: This park features tennis courts, as well as a playground, picnic areas, and a walking path.
- Visit the San Carlos Farmers Market: This farmers market is held every Sunday and features fresh produce, baked goods, and other local products.
- Go to the Bay Area Maker Faire: This annual event celebrates the DIY culture and features exhibits on robotics, electronics, and other innovative projects.
- Take a Cooking Class at Sur La Table: This gourmet kitchen store offers cooking classes for all skill levels.
- Visit the Redwood City Art Center: This art center features rotating exhibits of contemporary art, as well as workshops and classes.
- Go to the Redwood City Music in the Park Series: This free concert series features a variety of musical acts, from local bands to national acts.
- Visit the Filoli Gardens: This historic estate features beautiful gardens and a mansion that offers tours.
- Go to the San Mateo County Arboretum: This arboretum features a wide variety of plants and trees, as well as educational exhibits and events.
- Visit the Pacific Art League: This art center offers classes, workshops, and exhibits on a variety of art forms.
- Play Miniature Golf at Malibu Grand Prix: This entertainment center features miniature golf, go-karts, arcade games, and more.
- Visit the Crystal Springs Reservoir: This reservoir offers beautiful views of the surrounding hills and is a popular spot for hiking and fishing.
- Take a Wine Tasting Tour: Redwood City is located near several wineries, and many offer tastings and tours.
- Go to the Redwood City Art & Wine Festival: This annual event features wine tastings, live music, food vendors, and more.
- Visit the San Francisco Bay Trail Center: This center offers exhibits and information about the Bay Trail, as well as outdoor recreation opportunities.
- Take a Yoga Class at Yoga Health Center: This yoga studio offers classes for all levels, as well as workshops and events.