Norwalk is a city located in Fairfield County, Connecticut, United States. It is situated on the Long Island Sound and is known for its rich history, cultural attractions, and outdoor activities.
Founded in 1651, Norwalk has a rich history dating back to colonial times. Today, it is home to many historic landmarks, museums, and other cultural attractions. The city is also known for its parks and beaches, which offer a range of outdoor activities such as hiking, boating, fishing, and swimming.
Norwalk is also home to a vibrant arts scene, with a variety of galleries, theaters, and festivals throughout the year. In addition, the city has a thriving restaurant and nightlife scene, with a variety of options for dining and entertainment.
Overall, Norwalk is a dynamic and diverse city with something to offer for everyone.
Here are the top 30 fun things to do in Norwalk, Connecticut:
- Visit the Maritime Aquarium: This popular attraction features a variety of marine life exhibits, including sharks, sea turtles, and otters.
- Explore the Stepping Stones Museum for Children: This hands-on museum offers interactive exhibits and activities for children of all ages.
- Walk along the Norwalk River Valley Trail: This scenic trail offers beautiful views of the Norwalk River and surrounding landscape.
- Visit the Lockwood-Mathews Mansion Museum: This historic mansion is open to the public and offers guided tours and special events.
- Take a cruise on the Sheffield Island Ferry: This ferry offers scenic cruises to Sheffield Island, where visitors can explore the historic lighthouse and enjoy the beach.
- Go shopping at the SoNo Collection: This modern shopping center offers a variety of retail stores and restaurants.
- Visit the Center for Contemporary Printmaking: This art center features a variety of printmaking exhibits and workshops.
- Go birdwatching at the Cranbury Park: This park offers a variety of habitats for birds, including wetlands, fields, and woodlands.
- Attend a performance at the Wall Street Theater: This historic theater offers a variety of live music, theater, and comedy performances.
- Visit the Lockwood-Mathews Mansion Museum Farmers Market: This seasonal farmers market offers a variety of fresh produce, baked goods, and artisanal products.
- Play mini golf at the Golf Quest Family Sports Center: This sports center offers a variety of activities, including mini golf, batting cages, and a driving range.
- Take a scenic drive along the Merritt Parkway: This historic highway offers beautiful views of the surrounding landscape.
- Explore the Silvermine Arts Center: This arts center offers a variety of exhibits, workshops, and events throughout the year.
- Visit the Norwalk Historical Society Museum: This museum offers a variety of exhibits and programs that showcase the history of Norwalk.
- Attend the SoNo Arts Festival: This annual festival features a variety of arts and crafts vendors, food vendors, and live music.
- Go fishing at Calf Pasture Beach: This beach offers fishing opportunities and a variety of other recreational activities.
- Visit the Norwalk Art Space: This gallery features a variety of contemporary art exhibits and special events.
- Explore the Fodor Farm: This historic farm offers tours and special events throughout the year.
- Attend the Norwalk Oyster Festival: This annual festival features a variety of oyster-related activities, as well as live music and other entertainment.
- Go hiking at the Devil’s Den Preserve: This nature preserve offers a variety of hiking trails and beautiful views of the surrounding landscape.
- Visit the Lockwood-Mathews Mansion Museum Garden: This historic garden offers a variety of flowers, trees, and other plants.
- Attend the Norwalk Boat Show: This annual boat show features a variety of boats and boating-related products and services.
- Go kayaking on the Norwalk River: This river offers beautiful scenery and opportunities for kayaking and other water activities.
- Visit the Wall Street Gallery: This gallery features a variety of contemporary art exhibits and special events.
- Attend the Norwalk Seaport Association Oyster Bash: This annual event features a variety of oyster-related activities and entertainment.
- Go apple picking at Silverman’s Farm: This farm offers a variety of apples and other fruits, as well as a petting zoo and other activities.
- Explore the Norwalk Islands: These islands offer beautiful scenery and opportunities for hiking, boating, and other outdoor activities.
- Take a pottery class at the Clay Art Center: This art center offers a variety of pottery classes and workshops for all skill levels.
- Attend a concert at the Levitt Pavilion for the Performing Arts: This outdoor venue offers a variety of free concerts and performances throughout the summer months.
- Visit the Norwalk River Rowing Association: This rowing center offers a variety of programs and classes for people of all ages and skill levels who are interested in rowing. Visitors can watch rowers practice and compete on the Norwalk River.