Moreno Valley is a city located in Riverside County, California, United States. It is situated in the western part of the Inland Empire region and is about 65 miles east of Los Angeles. The city covers an area of approximately 51 square miles and has a population of over 210,000 people, making it the second-largest city in Riverside County after Riverside itself.
Moreno Valley was incorporated as a city in 1984, and since then, it has grown rapidly, becoming a hub for logistics, distribution, and manufacturing industries. It is home to several large corporations, such as Amazon, Skechers, and Deckers Outdoor Corporation. The city is also known for its parks and recreational opportunities, with over 35 parks and various community facilities available to residents.
Moreno Valley is located in a semi-arid climate zone, with hot summers and mild winters. The city experiences little rainfall, with most precipitation occurring during the winter months. The nearby San Bernardino Mountains offer outdoor recreation opportunities, such as hiking, skiing, and camping.
Overall, Moreno Valley is a vibrant and growing community with a diverse population and plenty of opportunities for residents and businesses alike.
Here are 24 fun things to do in Moreno Valley, California,
- Visit Box Springs Mountain Park – A great place for hiking and nature walks.
- Check out the March Field Air Museum – Home to more than 80 historic aircraft.
- Spend the day at Lake Perris State Recreation Area – A popular spot for boating, fishing, and picnicking.
- Play a round of golf at the Moreno Valley Ranch Golf Club – A scenic and challenging course.
- Enjoy a movie at the Regency Towngate 8 – A popular theater with comfortable seating.
- Take a stroll through the Sunnymead Ranch Lake – A peaceful spot for a walk or jog.
- Go shopping at the Moreno Valley Mall – A large mall with a variety of stores and restaurants.
- Visit the Moreno Valley Skate Park – A fun spot for skateboarders and BMX riders.
- Spend a day at the Box Springs Reserve – A great place for hiking and bird watching.
- Check out the World Museum of Natural History – A museum dedicated to the study of natural history.
- Go bowling at the Brunswick Zone Moreno Valley Bowl – A fun spot for bowling with friends.
- Take a cooking class at the Moreno Valley Community Center – A fun and educational activity.
- Visit the Lake Perris Fairgrounds – Home to a variety of events and festivals.
- Explore the Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park – A beautiful park with great hiking trails.
- Spend an afternoon at the Hidden Springs Community Park – A great spot for a picnic or game of frisbee.
- Check out the Moreno Valley Farmers Market – A great place to pick up fresh produce and artisanal products.
- Visit the Moreno Valley Historical Society Museum – Learn about the history of Moreno Valley and its people.
- Go swimming at the Moreno Valley Aquatic Center – A great spot to cool off on a hot day.
- Take a dance class at the Moreno Valley Community Center – A fun way to learn a new skill.
- Go on a hot air balloon ride with Sunrise Balloons – A memorable and unique experience.
- Check out the Perris Auto Speedway – A popular spot for car racing fans.
- Spend a day at the Rancho Jurupa Park – A great spot for picnicking, fishing, and boating.
- Visit the Riverside County National Cemetery – A beautiful and peaceful memorial to fallen soldiers.
- Go on a wine tasting tour at the Vineyard at Waterfall