Glendale is a city in Los Angeles County, California, United States. It is located approximately 10 miles north of downtown Los Angeles and has a population of approximately 200,000 people, making it the third-largest city in Los Angeles County.
Glendale is known for its diverse community, rich history, and vibrant cultural scene. It is home to a number of notable landmarks and attractions, including the Forest Lawn Memorial Park cemetery, the Americana at Brand outdoor shopping complex, and the historic Alex Theatre.
The city is also home to a number of top-rated schools and universities, including Glendale Community College and the Glendale campus of the University of Southern California.
Glendale has a strong economy, with major employers including Nestle USA, Avery Dennison, and the Walt Disney Company. The city is also home to a thriving small business community, with a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues.
Overall, Glendale is a diverse and dynamic city with a lot to offer residents and visitors alike.
- Visit the Forest Lawn Memorial Park cemetery: This cemetery is a popular tourist attraction due to its picturesque landscaping, sculptures, and art.
- Explore the Americana at Brand: This outdoor shopping complex offers a variety of stores, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- Watch a show at the historic Alex Theatre: This theater has been a Glendale landmark since 1925 and offers a variety of performances and events.
- Visit the Glendale Galleria: This indoor shopping mall is home to a variety of stores and restaurants.
- Take a hike in Deukmejian Wilderness Park: This park offers miles of hiking trails and stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
- Visit the Brand Library and Art Center: This library offers a variety of programs, workshops, and exhibits related to the arts.
- Explore the Verdugo Mountains: This mountain range offers hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding opportunities.
- Check out the Museum of Neon Art: This museum features a collection of neon art and signs from the 20th century.
- Visit the Armenian Genocide Memorial: This memorial pays tribute to the victims of the Armenian Genocide.
- Take a yoga class at Yogala Studios: This studio offers a variety of yoga classes for all levels.
- Visit the historic Doctor’s House Museum: This museum is housed in an 1888 Victorian home and showcases the history of Glendale.
- Go bowling at Jewel City Bowl: This bowling alley has been a Glendale staple since 1958.
- Play mini golf at Golf N’ Stuff: This family-friendly entertainment center offers mini golf, go-karts, and arcade games.
- Take a cooking class at Sur La Table: This kitchen store offers a variety of cooking classes for all skill levels.
- Visit the Brand Park Japanese Tea House: This traditional Japanese tea house is located in a tranquil garden setting.
- Go ice skating at the Pasadena Ice Skating Center: This indoor ice skating rink is located just a short drive from Glendale.
- Take a hot air balloon ride with Fantasy Balloon Flights: This company offers hot air balloon rides over the San Gabriel Valley.
- Visit the Glendale Central Library: This library is a popular destination for book lovers and features a variety of programs and events.
- Explore the Glendale Narrows Riverwalk: This riverwalk offers a scenic path along the Los Angeles River.
- Take a dance class at Glendale Dance Center: This dance studio offers a variety of dance classes for all skill levels.
- Check out the Glendale Farmers Market: This farmers market offers fresh produce and artisanal goods every Saturday.
- Visit the Casa Adobe de San Rafael: This historic adobe house was built in the 1860s and is now a museum.
- Take a pottery class at The Clayhouse: This pottery studio offers classes for all skill levels.
- Visit the Brand Park Observatory: This observatory offers stargazing opportunities and educational programs.
- Go on a brewery tour at Brewyard Beer Company: This brewery offers tours and tastings of their craft beers.
- Explore the Brand Park Hiking Trail: This trail offers a scenic hike through the hills of Glendale.
- Take a painting class at Pinot’s Palette: This art studio offers painting classes with wine and snacks.
- Visit the Glendale History Room: This room at the Central Library features artifacts and documents related to Glendale’s history.
- Go on a food tour with Glendale Food Tours: This company offers guided tours of the city’s best restaurants and culinary hotspots.
- Attend a concert at the Alex Theatre: This historic theater hosts a variety of musical performances throughout the year.