El Monte is a city located in Los Angeles County, California, United States. As of the 2020 census, the population of El Monte was approximately 115,000 people. The city covers a total area of approximately 9 square miles.
El Monte is known for its cultural diversity, with a significant Hispanic population as well as residents of Asian and European descent. The city is also home to a number of historic landmarks and points of interest, including the El Monte Historical Museum, the El Monte Aquatic Center, and the Tony Arce Boxing Gym.
El Monte has a strong economy, with a focus on manufacturing, retail, and transportation industries. The city is home to a number of large companies, including Wells Fargo, Longo Toyota, and Dr. Pepper Snapple Group.
Overall, El Monte is a bustling and diverse city with a rich history and thriving economy.
Here are 30 fun things to do in and around El Monte City
- Visit the El Monte Historical Museum: Learn about the city’s history and see artifacts from its past at this local museum.
- Explore the Whittier Narrows Recreation Area: This park offers hiking trails, fishing, and a golf course.
- Visit the San Gabriel Mission: Learn about California’s Spanish colonial history and explore the beautiful grounds of this historic mission.
- Go shopping at the Westfield Santa Anita Mall: This shopping mall has a variety of stores, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- See a movie at the AMC Santa Anita 16: Catch the latest films at this popular movie theater.
- Play a round of golf at the Santa Anita Golf Course: This golf course offers beautiful views and a challenging course.
- Visit the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden: This garden features a variety of plants and wildlife, as well as historic buildings and exhibits.
- Hike the trails at Eaton Canyon Natural Area: This park has several hiking trails, including one that leads to a waterfall.
- See a performance at the Pasadena Playhouse: This historic theater hosts a variety of shows, from plays to musicals.
- Explore the Huntington Library, Art Museum, and Botanical Gardens: This complex has beautiful gardens, art collections, and historic exhibits.
- Visit the Norton Simon Museum: This museum features an impressive collection of European and Asian art.
- Go to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art: This museum features a large collection of art from around the world.
- See a concert at the Hollywood Bowl: This iconic venue hosts a variety of concerts and events throughout the year.
- Visit the Getty Center: This museum and garden complex features a variety of art collections and exhibits.
- Explore the Griffith Observatory: This observatory has exhibits and telescopes for stargazing.
- Visit the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County: This museum has exhibits on dinosaurs, wildlife, and more.
- See the stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame: Take a walk down this famous street and see the stars of your favorite celebrities.
- Visit Universal Studios Hollywood: This theme park has rides, attractions, and shows based on popular movies and TV shows.
- Take a tour of the Warner Bros. Studio: See behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows on this studio tour.
- Visit the California Science Center: This science museum has interactive exhibits on topics like space, nature, and technology.
- Explore the Petersen Automotive Museum: This museum features exhibits on the history of cars and car culture.
- Visit the Grammy Museum: This museum celebrates the history and culture of music.
- See a game at Dodger Stadium: Catch a baseball game and enjoy the classic ballpark experience.
- Visit the Los Angeles Zoo: This zoo has a variety of animals from around the world and educational exhibits.
- Take a stroll through the Santa Monica Pier: This pier has shops, restaurants, and amusement park rides.
- Visit the Venice Beach Boardwalk: This beachside boardwalk has street performers, vendors, and plenty of people watching.
- Explore the Getty Villa: This museum features ancient art and artifacts from Greece and Rome.
- Visit the La Brea Tar Pits: This site features fossils and exhibits on prehistoric animals and plants.
- Go to the Queen Mary: This historic ocean liner has been converted into a hotel and museum.
- Take a trip to Disneyland: This iconic theme park has rides, attractions, and shows for all ages.