West Valley City is a city located in Salt Lake County, Utah, United States. As of the 2020 census, the population of West Valley City was approximately 140,000 people. The city covers a total area of approximately 35 square miles.
West Valley City is known for its cultural diversity and strong sense of community. The city has a number of parks, community centers, and recreational facilities for residents to enjoy, including the Utah Cultural Celebration Center, the West Valley Family Fitness Center, and the West Valley City Hall and Plaza.
West Valley City is also home to several large companies and employers, including the United States Postal Service, UPS, and Verizon Wireless. The city’s economy is diverse, with a focus on manufacturing, transportation, and healthcare industries.
Overall, West Valley City is a vibrant and diverse community with a strong economy and plenty of amenities for residents and visitors alike.
Here are 30 fun things to do in and around West Valley City :
- Visit the Utah Cultural Celebration Center: This center hosts events and exhibitions that showcase the city’s cultural diversity and history.
- See a show at the Hale Centre Theatre: This theater features live performances of musicals, plays, and other shows.
- Explore the Jordan River Parkway Trail: This scenic trail offers opportunities for hiking, biking, and birdwatching.
- Visit the Rocky Mountain Raceways: This racetrack hosts stock car races, drag racing, and other motorsports events.
- Go shopping at the Valley Fair Mall: This shopping center has a variety of stores, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- Visit the West Valley City Hall and Plaza: This public space features a plaza, amphitheater, and other amenities for community events and gatherings.
- See a movie at the Cinemark 24 Jordan Landing: Catch the latest films at this popular movie theater.
- Play a round of golf at the Stonebridge Golf Club: This golf course offers beautiful views and a challenging course.
- Visit the Scales and Tails Utah: This educational facility features reptiles, amphibians, and other exotic animals.
- See a Utah Grizzlies game at the Maverik Center: This arena hosts hockey games and other sporting events.
- Explore the Wheeler Historic Farm: This working farm has historic buildings and exhibits that showcase Utah’s agricultural heritage.
- Visit the Utah Olympic Oval: This ice rink hosted events during the 2002 Winter Olympics and now offers public skating and other activities.
- See a performance at the USANA Amphitheatre: This outdoor venue hosts concerts and other live events.
- Visit the Clark Planetarium: This museum features exhibits and shows that explore space and astronomy.
- Go bowling at the All Star Bowling & Entertainment: This bowling alley also has arcade games, laser tag, and other activities.
- Visit the Tracy Aviary: This bird sanctuary has a variety of birds from around the world and educational exhibits.
- Explore the Red Butte Garden and Arboretum: This botanical garden features a variety of plants and wildlife.
- Visit the Utah State Capitol: This historic building houses the offices of the Utah state government and has tours and exhibits available.
- See a play at the Pioneer Theatre Company: This theater company stages plays and musicals throughout the year.
- Visit the Natural History Museum of Utah: This museum has exhibits on dinosaurs, wildlife, and more.
- Go hiking at Big Cottonwood Canyon: This canyon has several hiking trails, including some that lead to waterfalls and scenic views.
- Visit the Antelope Island State Park: This island in the Great Salt Lake has hiking trails, beaches, and wildlife viewing opportunities.
- See a Utah Jazz game at the Vivint Arena: This arena hosts basketball games and other sporting events.
- Visit the Temple Square: This historic site in downtown Salt Lake City features the Salt Lake Temple, visitor center, and other attractions.
- Explore the Lagoon Amusement Park: This amusement park has rides, attractions, and shows for all ages.
- Visit the Hogle Zoo: This zoo has a variety of animals from around the world and educational exhibits.
- Go skiing or snowboarding at the nearby ski resorts: West Valley City is located near several popular ski resorts, including Snowbird, Alta, and Brighton.
- Visit the Great Salt Lake: This natural wonder is the largest saltwater lake in the Western Hemisphere and offers opportunities for swimming, boating, and hiking.
- Explore the Red Rock Brewing Company: This local brewery offers craft beers and pub-style food.
- Take a trip to Park City