Scottsdale is a city located in the eastern part of Maricopa County, Arizona, United States. It is known for its luxurious resorts, spas, golf courses, and high-end shopping. It is also known for its beautiful desert landscapes and outdoor recreational opportunities.
Some interesting facts about Scottsdale:
- Scottsdale has a population of over 250,000 people, making it the sixth-largest city in Arizona.
- The city is located in the Sonoran Desert and has an arid climate with hot summers and mild winters.
- Scottsdale is home to over 200 golf courses, making it one of the top golf destinations in the world.
- The city is also known for its vibrant arts and culture scene, with numerous galleries, museums, and performing arts venues.
- Old Town Scottsdale is a popular tourist destination, featuring historic buildings, art galleries, restaurants, and nightlife.
- Scottsdale Fashion Square is one of the largest shopping malls in the United States, with over 200 stores and restaurants.
Here are 20 more fun things to do in Scottsdale:
- Visit the Scottsdale ArtWalk – This free weekly event takes place on Thursday evenings and features galleries and art studios opening their doors to the public.
- Explore the Western Spirit: Scottsdale’s Museum of the West – This museum showcases the history and culture of the American West through art, artifacts, and interactive exhibits.
- Take a Jeep tour – Explore the rugged terrain of the Sonoran Desert on a guided Jeep tour.
- Visit the Scottsdale Civic Center Park – This park features a large green space, a public art collection, and the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts.
- Tour the Taliesin West Night Lights – See Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West in a whole new light during the evening tour featuring illuminated desert views and behind-the-scenes peeks.
- Explore the Desert Botanical Garden – This 140-acre garden features thousands of desert plants, including rare and endangered species.
- Go shopping at Kierland Commons – This outdoor shopping center features high-end shops, restaurants, and a movie theater.
- Take a cooking class – Learn how to prepare regional cuisine with one of the many cooking classes available in Scottsdale.
- Attend a concert at the Talking Stick Resort Arena – This 18,000-seat arena hosts concerts and sporting events throughout the year.
- Go wine tasting – Scottsdale is home to several wineries and tasting rooms, including LDV Winery, Aridus Wine Company, and Su Vino Winery.
- Visit the Penske Racing Museum – This museum features a collection of over 40 vintage and modern racing cars, as well as memorabilia and artifacts.
- Attend the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show – This annual event showcases the beauty and athleticism of Arabian horses.
- Go rock climbing – The McDowell Mountains offer a variety of climbing routes for all skill levels.
- Take a bike tour – Explore the city on two wheels with a guided bike tour of Scottsdale’s scenic routes.
- Visit the Scottsdale Museum of the West – This museum features exhibitions and programs that celebrate Western art, history, and culture.
- Take a Segway tour – See the city in a unique way with a guided Segway tour of Scottsdale’s landmarks and attractions.
- Go hot air ballooning – Take to the skies in a hot air balloon and enjoy stunning views of the Sonoran Desert.
- Attend the Scottsdale Culinary Festival – This annual festival features food and drink from over 40 local restaurants and wineries.
- Visit the Western Spirit: Scottsdale’s Museum of the West – This museum showcases the history and culture of the American West through art, artifacts, and interactive exhibits.
- Go kayaking or paddleboarding – Explore the nearby Salt River or Saguaro Lake by kayak or paddleboard, and enjoy the beautiful desert scenery from the water.