Irvine is a city located in Orange County, California, United States. It is a planned city, developed by the Irvine Company in the 1960s and officially incorporated in 1971. The city has a population of approximately 300,000 people and is known for its good schools, parks, and outdoor recreation opportunities.
Irvine is a master-planned community with a well-designed layout that includes a network of parks, greenbelts, and bike paths. The city is also home to several universities and colleges, including the University of California, Irvine (UCI) and Concordia University.
In terms of economy, Irvine is known for its high concentration of technology companies, particularly in the semiconductor and software industries. Major employers in the city include Broadcom, Blizzard Entertainment, Edwards Lifesciences, and Western Digital.
Overall, Irvine is considered to be a desirable place to live, with a high standard of living, strong job market, and diverse population.
Here are 30 fun things to do in Irvine, California,
- Visit the Irvine Spectrum Center – This outdoor shopping center features a variety of stores, restaurants, and entertainment options, including a Ferris wheel, carousel, and movie theater.
- Go to the Orange County Great Park – This former military base has been transformed into a large park with sports fields, gardens, and a tethered balloon ride.
- Explore the UC Irvine Arboretum – This botanical garden on the UCI campus features over 12,000 plants from around the world.
- Attend a concert at the FivePoint Amphitheatre – This outdoor venue hosts a variety of concerts and events throughout the year.
- Visit the Irvine Museum – This art museum features California Impressionist paintings from the early 20th century.
- Hike the Quail Hill Trail – This moderate hike offers great views of Irvine and the surrounding hills.
- Go paddleboarding at Newport Beach – This nearby beach offers rentals for paddleboards, kayaks, and other watercraft.
- Take a hot air balloon ride – This unique experience offers breathtaking views of Irvine and the surrounding area.
- Visit the Pretend City Children’s Museum – This interactive museum is designed for children to learn through play and exploration.
- Go bowling at Irvine Lanes – This classic bowling alley features 40 lanes, a bar, and arcade games.
- Play a round of golf at Oak Creek Golf Club – This 18-hole golf course features beautiful views and challenging holes.
- Attend the Irvine Global Village Festival – This annual event celebrates the diversity of Irvine’s residents with food, music, and cultural performances.
- Go ice skating at the Irvine Spectrum Center – This outdoor ice skating rink is open during the winter months.
- Take a cooking class at Sur La Table – This cooking supply store offers classes in a variety of cuisines and techniques.
- Attend a comedy show at the Irvine Improv – This comedy club features well-known comedians and up-and-coming talent.
- Go to the Irvine Farmers Market – This weekly market offers fresh produce, baked goods, and other artisanal products.
- Visit the Lyon Air Museum – This museum features vintage aircraft and exhibits on aviation history.
- Attend a game at the Bren Events Center – This arena on the UCI campus hosts basketball and volleyball games, as well as concerts and other events.
- Take a fitness class at the OC Mix – This shopping center features a variety of boutique fitness studios.
- Go to the Irvine Regional Park – This park offers hiking trails, picnic areas, and a zoo.
- Visit the San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary – This nature reserve offers birdwatching opportunities and hiking trails.
- Attend a wine tasting at the Wine Exchange – This wine shop offers tastings of a variety of wines from around the world.
- Go shopping at the South Coast Plaza – This high-end shopping center features luxury brands and restaurants.
- Take a dance class at the Segerstrom Center for the Arts – This performing arts center offers classes in a variety of dance styles.
- Visit the Irvine Historical Museum – This museum offers exhibits on the history of Irvine and the surrounding area.
- Go to a movie at the Edwards Irvine Spectrum 21 – This movie theater offers a variety of films and comfortable seating.
- Take a pottery class at the Irvine Fine Arts Center – This community arts center offers classes in ceramics, painting, and other mediums.
- Attend a sporting event at the Great Park Soccer Stadium – This stadium hosts professional soccer games and other sporting events.
- Go to the Tanaka Farms pumpkin patch – This family-friendly farm offers pumpkin picking and other