Glendale is a city located in Los Angeles County, California. It is the third-largest city in Los Angeles County and is home to a diverse population of over 200,000 people. Glendale is known for its vibrant downtown, beautiful parks, and cultural attractions.
One of the most notable landmarks in Glendale is the Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery, which is the final resting place for many famous individuals, including Walt Disney, Michael Jackson, and Elizabeth Taylor. Glendale also has a thriving arts and culture scene, with many theaters, galleries, and museums.
The city is also known for its beautiful parks and outdoor spaces, such as Deukmejian Wilderness Park, Brand Park, and Verdugo Mountains. These parks offer a variety of recreational activities, such as hiking, biking, picnicking, and horseback riding.
Other popular attractions in Glendale include the Alex Theatre, which hosts a variety of concerts, plays, and other events throughout the year, and the Glendale Galleria, a large shopping center with over 200 stores and restaurants. The Americana at Brand is another popular shopping and entertainment destination in Glendale that features upscale shops, restaurants, and a movie theater.
Glendale is also home to several historic landmarks, such as the Grand Central Air Terminal, which was the first commercial airport in the Los Angeles area, and the Brand Library and Art Center, which houses a collection of over 110,000 books and a variety of art exhibitions and performances.
Overall, Glendale is a vibrant city with a rich history, diverse culture, and many attractions and activities to enjoy.
Top 30 Fun Things to do in About Glendale City
- Visit the Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery – This is a world-renowned cemetery where many famous people are buried, including Walt Disney, Michael Jackson, and Elizabeth Taylor.
- Explore the Brand Library and Art Center – This is a historic landmark that houses a collection of over 110,000 books, as well as a variety of art exhibitions and performances.
- Check out the Americana at Brand – This is a shopping and entertainment destination that features upscale shops, restaurants, and a movie theater.
- Visit the Alex Theatre – This is a historic theater that hosts a variety of concerts, plays, and other events throughout the year.
- Hike the Deukmejian Wilderness Park – This is a beautiful park that offers hiking trails, picnic areas, and scenic views of the surrounding mountains.
- Take a stroll through the Descanso Gardens – This is a beautiful botanical garden that features a variety of plants, trees, and flowers.
- Visit the Museum of Neon Art – This museum features a collection of neon signs and artwork, as well as educational programs and events.
- Go shopping at the Glendale Galleria – This is a large shopping center that features over 200 stores and restaurants.
- Take a guided tour of the Grand Central Air Terminal – This is a historic landmark that was the first commercial airport in the Los Angeles area.
- Visit the Brand Park – This is a beautiful park that features a historic mansion, a Japanese garden, and a variety of recreational activities.
- Enjoy a performance at the Glendale Centre Theatre – This is a community theater that produces a variety of shows throughout the year.
- Explore the historic Alex Theatre Forecourt – This is a public plaza that features a variety of entertainment and cultural events.
- Visit the Verdugo Mountains – This is a beautiful mountain range that offers hiking trails, scenic views, and opportunities to observe wildlife.
- Play a round of golf at the Scholl Canyon Golf Course – This is a public golf course that offers a challenging and scenic course.
- Check out the Autry Museum of the American West – This museum features a collection of Western art, artifacts, and cultural exhibits.
- Visit the Armenian Genocide Memorial – This is a public monument that honors the victims of the Armenian Genocide.
- Attend a performance at the Glendale Symphony Orchestra – This is a community orchestra that performs a variety of classical and modern music.
- Take a yoga class at the Yoga House – This is a yoga studio that offers a variety of classes for all levels.
- Visit the Central Library – This is a public library that features a large collection of books, as well as educational programs and events.
- Go rock climbing at the Verdigo Boulders – This is a climbing gym that offers a variety of climbing walls and classes.
- Attend a cultural event at the Glendale Civic Auditorium – This is a public auditorium that hosts a variety of events, including concerts, plays, and cultural festivals.
- Visit the Glendale Police Museum – This museum features exhibits and artifacts related to the history of the Glendale Police Department.
- Enjoy a picnic at the Glendale Narrows Riverwalk – This is a public park that offers picnic areas, walking paths, and views of the Los Angeles River.
- Visit the Stough Canyon Nature Center – This is a nature center that offers educational programs and exhibits related to the local flora and fauna.
- Take a pottery class at the Creative Arts Group – This is an art center that offers a variety of classes and workshops, including pottery, painting, and photography.
- Go ice skating at the Pickwick Ice Center – This is an ice skating rink that offers public skating sessions, as well as skating lessons
- Explore the Glendale Community College Planetarium – This is a planetarium that offers educational shows and stargazing events.
- Visit the Jewel City Bowl – This is a bowling alley that offers a variety of games, as well as food and drinks.
- Take a cooking class at the Gourmandise School of Sweets and Savories – This is a cooking school that offers a variety of classes and workshops for all skill levels.
- Attend a movie screening at the Pacific Theatres Glendale 18 – This is a movie theater that features the latest blockbusters and independent films.