Junk or Waste management in business: how to proceed?
Every business produces garbage Or Junk. Engaging in a thoughtful approach to managing them allows the company to reduce its impact on the environment while making savings and sending a positive image to its partners and customers.
What is waste?
To define a waste, several criteria must be taken into account:
- The nature of the waste: it is a question of assessing its dangerousness. If it is explosive, flammable, irritant, harmful, toxic, or corrosive, the waste is said to be hazardous. Non-hazardous waste is ordinary waste such as paper, cardboard, textiles, etc. Waste such as tiles, rubble, paving stones are said to be inert because they cannot undergo any modification: they often come from public works sites;
- The source of waste production: a distinction is made between domestic waste (produced by individuals) and waste from economic activities (produced by companies).
The Environmental Code defines the regulatory framework for waste and the responsibilities and obligations of the waste producer. By the regulations in force, the company, as a producer of waste, is responsible for the management of its waste, whether it is that generated by its activity, that collected by the public service (and therefore assimilated to waste). household waste) and that resulting from work carried out at a customer’s premises.
Everyday Many Waste and Junk gather around us. Which is a lot of trouble to move Us. but A Waste and Junk Removal Company Can do it Easily with sort time and perfectly. If your are looking a Waste or Junk Removal company in Lowell Contact with 339-201-6333
How to implement waste management in your company?
First of all, it is necessary to take an inventory of the type of waste generated by the company and its quantity. This inventory will make it possible to establish an action plan, to verify the legal obligations according to the waste (hazardous or not), and to define the cost of waste disposal. The success of this approach will also be based on the involvement of staff: action must therefore be taken to raise awareness of the issue of waste management.
Steps to take to manage your waste
Becoming a responsible company: preventing and reducing the waste production
To reduce costs, waste management is a sustainable solution for the company:
- Limit paper consumption by dematerializing documents, reusing sheets as scrap paper, printing on both sides;
- Eliminate disposable cups for reusable cups;
- Improve processes to reduce losses and to reuse offcuts in the production process.
Sort waste within the company
Selective sorting is inevitable for good waste management: it is carried out according to the possibilities of recycling the waste and its category. Thus, hazardous waste should not be stored in the same place as non-hazardous waste: the latter would be automatically assimilated as hazardous. The regulations make the recovery of a large amount of waste compulsory: batteries, waste electrical and electronic equipment, waste oils, etc.
In concrete terms, it is therefore necessary:
- To set up sorting bins for each category of waste produced within the company with visible markings, such as color codes or pictograms, to facilitate sorting;
- To communicate with staff, or even to plan training sessions;
- To set up specific storage spaces near the waste production sites;
- To have defined the organization of waste collection;
- To keep a follow-up register of its waste, in particular for hazardous waste.
How to implement good waste management in business?
As corporate waste sorting is compulsory, it is up to you to quickly implement good management of your company’s waste. To do this, several steps:
- Evaluate the amount of waste emitted each year and the volume of each type of waste;
- Set up sorting at the source or contact a service provider to take care of the sorting;
- Call on a service provider capable of recovering your waste;
- Make sure that your service provider gives you a proof before March 31 stating the volume and nature of waste sorted and recovered during the previous year.
For companies with a large volume of waste and many different types of waste, you can opt for our COLIBRI service: a personalized annual subscription, including the delivery of bins specially designed for sorting in the company, their collection at your own pace, as well as then the treatment of waste in specialized channels!
Sorting waste in companies creates new jobs in recycling centers, recycling nearly 17 million tonnes of materials per year, to save raw materials and energy resources. Good waste management in business therefore makes it possible to take concrete action for the environment. It is also a good way to save money on your waste management while optimizing your resources. Everyone wins!