Santa Clarita is a city located in Los Angeles County, California, United States. It is situated about 35 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles and is part of the Santa Clarita Valley. The city has a population of approximately 212,000 people, making it the third-largest city in Los Angeles County by population.
Santa Clarita was incorporated as a city in December 1987, after the communities of Valencia, Newhall, Canyon Country, and Saugus merged together. The city has a diverse economy, with major employers in industries such as healthcare, education, retail, and entertainment.
One of the most popular attractions in Santa Clarita is Six Flags Magic Mountain, a theme park that features numerous roller coasters and other rides. The city is also home to a number of parks and open spaces, including Central Park, which features a large amphitheater and numerous sports fields.
Santa Clarita is known for its excellent schools, including the William S. Hart Union High School District, which is one of the largest high school districts in California. The city is also home to several colleges and universities, including California Institute of the Arts and College of the Canyons.
Overall, Santa Clarita is a vibrant and growing city that offers a high quality of life for its residents, with a strong economy, excellent schools, and numerous recreational opportunities.
Here are 30 fun things to do in and around Santa Clarita City,
- Visit Six Flags Magic Mountain: Six Flags Magic Mountain is one of the top theme parks in California, featuring numerous roller coasters and other rides.
- Hike the Pico Canyon Trail: The Pico Canyon Trail is a scenic hike that takes you through the mountains and offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
- Explore the Vasquez Rocks Natural Area Park: The Vasquez Rocks Natural Area Park is a unique geological formation that has been used as a filming location for numerous movies and TV shows.
- Go on a wine tasting tour: Santa Clarita has a number of excellent wineries and tasting rooms that offer a variety of wines to sample.
- Visit the William S. Hart Museum: The William S. Hart Museum is dedicated to the life and work of the famous silent film actor, and features a collection of his memorabilia and artifacts.
- Go horseback riding: Santa Clarita has several equestrian facilities that offer horseback riding lessons and trail rides.
- Take a hot air balloon ride: Hot air balloon rides are a popular way to see the Santa Clarita Valley from above.
- Attend a concert at the Santa Clarita Performing Arts Center: The Santa Clarita Performing Arts Center is a state-of-the-art venue that hosts a variety of concerts, plays, and other performances throughout the year.
- Play a round of golf: Santa Clarita has several excellent golf courses, including the Valencia Country Club and the TPC Valencia.
- Visit the Gibbon Conservation Center: The Gibbon Conservation Center is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the study and conservation of gibbons, and offers guided tours.
- Go to the farmers market: Santa Clarita has several farmers markets that offer fresh produce, artisanal foods, and handmade crafts.
- Go indoor skydiving: iFLY indoor skydiving offers a unique and thrilling experience that simulates the sensation of freefalling.
- Take a cooking class: Santa Clarita has several cooking schools and classes that offer instruction on a variety of culinary techniques and styles.
- Visit the Castaic Lake State Recreation Area: Castaic Lake State Recreation Area is a popular destination for boating, fishing, and camping.
- Go to the Santa Clarita Aquatic Center: The Santa Clarita Aquatic Center is a large water park that offers a variety of pools, water slides, and other attractions.
- Take a pottery class: Santa Clarita has several pottery studios and classes that offer instruction on wheel-throwing, hand-building, and glazing techniques.
- Go to the Valencia Marketplace: The Valencia Marketplace is a large shopping center that features a variety of stores, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- Visit the Placerita Canyon Nature Center: The Placerita Canyon Nature Center is a great place to learn about the local flora and fauna, and offers hiking trails and educational programs.
- Take a yoga class: Santa Clarita has several yoga studios and classes that offer a variety of styles and levels.
- Visit the Mountasia Family Fun Center: The Mountasia Family Fun Center is a great place to go for mini-golf, go-karts, batting cages, and other family-friendly activities.
- Take a painting class: Santa Clarita has several art studios and classes that offer instruction on a variety of painting techniques and styles.
- Go to the Valencia Town Center: The Valencia Town Center is a large shopping mall that features a variety of stores, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- Visit the Santa Clarita Skate Park: The Santa Clarita Skate Park is a popular destination for skateboarders, rollerbladers, and BM
- Visit the Santa Clarita Swap Meet: The Santa Clarita Swap Meet is a popular outdoor market that features a variety of vendors selling everything from clothing and jewelry to antiques and collectibles.
- Take a fitness class: Santa Clarita has several fitness studios and classes that offer a variety of workouts, from yoga and Pilates to high-intensity interval training.
- Visit the Elsmere Canyon Open Space Preserve: The Elsmere Canyon Open Space Preserve is a beautiful natural area that offers hiking trails, picnic areas, and stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- Go to the Valencia Laser Blast: Valencia Laser Blast is a fun and exciting laser tag arena that is perfect for kids and adults alike.
- Visit the Old Town Newhall Historic District: The Old Town Newhall Historic District is a charming area that features historic buildings, shops, and restaurants, as well as a farmers market and seasonal events.
- Go to the Santa Clarita Skate Park and Pump Track: The Santa Clarita Skate Park and Pump Track is a unique facility that offers both a skate park and a pump track, which is a series of rollers and berms that are perfect for BMX and mountain bike riders.
- Attend the Santa Clarita Cowboy Festival: The Santa Clarita Cowboy Festival is an annual event that celebrates the area’s western heritage and features live music, cowboy poetry, and other western-themed activities.