Santa Ana is a city located in Orange County, California, United States. It is the county seat and the second most populous city in Orange County, with a population of approximately 332,318 as of the 2020 U.S. Census.
The city was founded in 1869 and incorporated in 1886. It has a rich history and has been a hub for agriculture, aviation, and manufacturing. Today, Santa Ana is known for its vibrant culture, diverse population, and numerous attractions, including the Bowers Museum, the Santa Ana Zoo, and the Discovery Cube science center.
Santa Ana is also home to a number of notable educational institutions, including Santa Ana College and the Orange County School of the Arts. The city is served by the Santa Ana Unified School District, which is one of the largest school districts in California.
The city has a Mediterranean climate with mild winters and warm summers. Its location near the coast also means that it benefits from sea breezes and relatively moderate temperatures year-round. The Santa Ana winds, which are hot, dry, and gusty, can occasionally affect the area, especially during the fall and winter months.
Overall, Santa Ana is a vibrant and diverse city with a rich history and many attractions.
Here are 18 fun things to do in Santa Ana
- Visit the Bowers Museum – The Bowers Museum is a world-class museum that features exhibits on art, culture, and history from around the globe.
- Explore the Discovery Cube Science Center – The Discovery Cube is an interactive science museum that offers hands-on exhibits and educational programs for visitors of all ages.
- Take a stroll through the Santiago Creek Wildlife and Watershed Center – The Santiago Creek Wildlife and Watershed Center is a nature preserve that offers visitors the chance to observe local wildlife and learn about the area’s natural history.
- Tour the Old Orange County Courthouse – The Old Orange County Courthouse is a historic landmark that offers tours of its beautiful architecture and exhibits on the area’s legal history.
- Visit the Santa Ana Zoo – The Santa Ana Zoo is a small zoo that features a variety of animals from around the world, including monkeys, sloths, and anteaters.
- Check out the Santa Ana Art Walk – The Santa Ana Art Walk is a monthly event that showcases the work of local artists and performers.
- Take a cooking class at the Enderle Center – The Enderle Center is a shopping center that offers cooking classes with local chefs.
- Visit the Floral Park Neighborhood – The Floral Park Neighborhood is a historic residential area with beautiful homes and gardens.
- Attend a concert at the Observatory – The Observatory is a popular music venue that hosts concerts by both established and up-and-coming artists.
- Go bowling at Bowlmor Lanes – Bowlmor Lanes is a stylish bowling alley that offers food and drinks along with the bowling experience.
- Take a bike ride along the Santa Ana River Trail – The Santa Ana River Trail is a scenic bike path that runs through Orange County and offers views of the area’s natural beauty.
- Visit the Heritage Museum of Orange County – The Heritage Museum of Orange County is a museum that features exhibits on the area’s history and culture.
- Take a dance class at Atomic Ballroom – Atomic Ballroom is a dance studio that offers classes in a variety of styles, including salsa, swing, and ballroom dancing.
- Go shopping at the MainPlace Mall – The MainPlace Mall is a popular shopping destination that features a variety of stores and restaurants.
- Visit the Santa Ana Historical Preservation Society – The Santa Ana Historical Preservation Society is a nonprofit organization that works to preserve the area’s historic buildings and landmarks.
- Take a tour of the Santa Ana Civic Center – The Santa Ana Civic Center is a government complex that offers tours of its historic buildings and monuments.
- Attend a performance at the South Coast Repertory – The South Coast Repertory is a Tony Award-winning theater that hosts plays and other performances throughout the year.
- Visit the Bowers Kidseum – The Bowers Kidseum is a children’s museum that offers hands-on exhibits and educational programs for kids.