Round Rock is a city located in the state of Texas, in the United States. It is a part of the Greater Austin metropolitan area and is located about 15 miles north of downtown Austin. As of 2021, the population of Round Rock is estimated to be around 130,000 people.
Round Rock is known for its vibrant economy, excellent schools, and high quality of life. The city is home to many major employers, including Dell Technologies, which has its headquarters in Round Rock. Other notable employers in the area include Samsung, Emerson Process Management, and St. David’s Round Rock Medical Center.
In addition to its strong economy, Round Rock is also known for its excellent parks and recreation facilities. The city has more than 30 parks and over 20 miles of hike and bike trails, providing residents with ample opportunities for outdoor recreation.
Overall, Round Rock is a thriving city with a strong economy, excellent schools, and plenty of opportunities for recreation and leisure.
- Visit the Round Rock Express baseball stadium: Home to the Round Rock Express, a minor league baseball team affiliated with the Houston Astros. Watch a game or take a tour of the stadium.
- Explore the Round Rock Premium Outlets: An outdoor shopping center with more than 120 stores, including high-end brands like Gucci, Prada, and Michael Kors.
- Check out the Round Rock Market Days: A monthly outdoor market featuring local vendors selling everything from handmade crafts to fresh produce.
- Visit the Round Rock Public Library: A state-of-the-art library with a large collection of books, movies, and music, as well as a wide range of events and programs.
- Take a hike at the Brushy Creek Regional Trail: A 6.75-mile hike and bike trail that winds through scenic parks and greenbelts along Brushy Creek.
- Go fishing at Lake Creek Park: A popular fishing spot in Round Rock with a variety of fish, including catfish, bass, and perch.
- Visit the Chisholm Trail Crossing Park: A historic park that features a replica of a 19th-century cattle drive, as well as a playground and picnic areas.
- Explore the Round Rock Garden Center: A beautiful garden center with a wide variety of plants, flowers, and garden accessories.
- Go bowling at Main Event Entertainment: A family-friendly entertainment center with bowling, laser tag, arcade games, and more.
- Visit the Round Rock Farmers Market: A weekly farmers market featuring local vendors selling fresh produce, baked goods, and more.
- Check out the Round Rock Donuts: A local bakery that’s famous for its large, fluffy donuts, including the famous Texas-sized donut.
- Go on a guided tour of the Williamson Museum: A museum that tells the story of Williamson County and its people, from prehistoric times to the present day.
- Visit the Memorial Park: A 42-acre park with a pool, picnic areas, playgrounds, and hiking trails.
- Take a dip in the Rock’n River Water Park: A family-friendly water park with water slides, pools, and a lazy river.
- Explore the Round Rock Sports Center: A state-of-the-art sports center with basketball courts, volleyball courts, and indoor soccer fields.
- Visit the Round Rock West Park: A 15-acre park with playgrounds, picnic areas, and a splash pad.
- Check out the ArtSpace Gallery: A gallery that showcases the work of local artists and hosts a variety of art-related events and programs.
- Go on a brewery tour at the Bluebonnet Beer Company: A local brewery that offers tours and tastings of their craft beers.
- Visit the Round Rock Multipurpose Complex: A sports complex with baseball fields, soccer fields, and volleyball courts.
- Take a cooking class at the Round Rock Kitchen: A community kitchen that offers a variety of cooking classes and workshops.
- Go on a ghost tour with the Williamson Museum: A tour that explores the haunted history of downtown Round Rock.
- Visit the Round Rock Arts Council: A council that promotes the arts in Round Rock and hosts a variety of art-related events and programs.
- Check out the Round Rock Community Center: A community center with a variety of classes, activities, and events for all ages.
- Visit the Round Rock Honey: A local honey farm that offers tours and tastings of their honey.
- Take a pottery class at the Clay Madsen Recreation Center: A recreation center that offers a variety of pottery classes and workshops.
- Visit the Round Rock Arts and Culture Center: A center that features a variety of rotating art exhibits, performances, and workshops.
- Take a ride on the Austin Steam Train: A historic train that runs between Cedar Park and Burnet, with stops in Round Rock.
- Visit the Round Rock Historic Commercial District: A historic district in downtown Round Rock that features a variety of shops, restaurants, and galleries.
- Go on a bike ride along the Round Rock Bike Trail: A scenic bike trail that winds through Round Rock and the surrounding areas, with plenty of places to stop for a rest or a snack along the way.
- Visit the Round Rock Art Walk: A self-guided walking tour of the public art installations throughout downtown Round Rock, showcasing a variety of sculptures, murals, and other artworks.