Riverside is a city located in Southern California, USA, in the Inland Empire metropolitan area. It is the county seat of Riverside County and has a population of over 330,000 people, making it the 12th most populous city in California.
Founded in the 1870s, Riverside has a rich history and is known for its Mission Revival architecture, which can be seen in many of its buildings and landmarks. The city is also home to the University of California, Riverside, which is one of the top public research universities in the United States.
Riverside is surrounded by natural beauty, including the Santa Ana River and the Box Springs Mountain Reserve, which offer opportunities for hiking, biking, and other outdoor activities. The city is also home to several parks and recreational facilities, including Fairmount Park, which features a lake, picnic areas, and sports fields.
In addition to its natural beauty, Riverside has a vibrant arts and culture scene, with numerous galleries, theaters, and museums, including the Riverside Art Museum and the Riverside Community Players theater. The city also hosts several annual festivals and events, such as the Riverside Dickens Festival, which celebrates the life and works of Charles Dickens.
Riverside is a diverse and multicultural city, with a mix of different ethnicities and cultures represented in its population. It is also a center of innovation and entrepreneurship, with a growing technology and startup industry.
Overall, Riverside offers a blend of history, natural beauty, culture, and modern amenities, making it a great place to live or visit in Southern California.
Top 13 Fun Things to do in About Riverside City
- Visit the Mission Inn: This historic hotel and spa is a must-visit attraction in Riverside, featuring stunning architecture and beautiful gardens.
- Take a tour of the University of California, Riverside: The campus of UCR is a beautiful and historic site, with stunning views of the city and surrounding mountains.
- Visit the Riverside Art Museum: This contemporary art museum features a range of exhibits and events throughout the year.
- Explore Mount Rubidoux Park: This beautiful park offers hiking trails, picnic areas, and stunning views of the city.
- Take a tour of the Riverside Municipal Auditorium: This historic venue has hosted many famous musicians and bands over the years.
- Visit the Riverside Fox Theater: This beautiful theater hosts a variety of shows, concerts, and events throughout the year.
- Go on a Riverside Food Tour: Explore the local food scene and sample some of the best cuisine the city has to offer.
- Visit Fairmount Park: This beautiful park features a lake, picnic areas, and sports fields.
- Take a stroll through the Riverside Botanic Gardens: This beautiful garden features a variety of plant life from around the world.
- Explore the California Citrus State Historic Park: This park is home to several historic citrus groves and offers tours and educational programs.
- Visit the Riverside Public Library: This historic library features beautiful architecture and a wide selection of books and resources.
- Go on a Riverside Ghost Tour: Explore the city’s haunted history with a tour of some of its most haunted locations.
- Visit the March Field Air Museum: Learn about the history of aviation and military aircraft at this museum located near Riverside.