Port St. Lucie is a city located in St. Lucie County, Florida, United States. The city was incorporated in 1961 and has since grown to become one of the largest cities in Florida, with a population of over 201,000 people as of 2021.
Port St. Lucie is known for its warm, tropical climate and abundance of recreational activities. The city is located on the east coast of Florida, along the Atlantic Ocean, and is home to many beaches, parks, and nature preserves.
One of the most popular attractions in Port St. Lucie is the PGA Village, which is a golf resort that features four championship golf courses, a golf museum, and a learning center. The city is also home to the New York Mets spring training facility and hosts a variety of other sports events throughout the year.
Other notable attractions in Port St. Lucie include the Savannas Preserve State Park, which is a nature preserve that offers hiking trails, bird watching, and fishing opportunities, as well as the Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens, which is a 20-acre garden that features a variety of plants and wildlife.
The city is also home to a number of shopping centers, restaurants, and entertainment venues, including the Treasure Coast Square Mall and the Tradition Town Square, which is a popular outdoor shopping and dining destination.
Overall, Port St. Lucie offers residents and visitors alike a great mix of outdoor recreation, cultural attractions, and modern amenities.
- Visit the PGA Village – The PGA Village is a golf resort that features four championship golf courses, a golf museum, and a learning center.
- Explore the Savannas Preserve State Park – This nature preserve offers hiking trails, bird watching, and fishing opportunities.
- Relax on the beaches – Port St. Lucie has many beaches along the Atlantic Ocean, such as the Jensen Beach, that offer opportunities for swimming, sunbathing, and beach activities.
- Take a boat tour of the Indian River Lagoon – This scenic river is home to a variety of wildlife, including manatees, dolphins, and birds.
- Check out the Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens – This 20-acre garden features a variety of plants and wildlife, as well as a butterfly garden and a waterfall.
- Visit the Navy SEAL Museum – This museum features exhibits and displays on the history and training of Navy SEALs.
- Attend a spring training game at the First Data Field – The First Data Field is the spring training facility for the New York Mets.
- Go on a fishing charter – Port St. Lucie is known for its fishing opportunities, and there are many charter companies that offer guided fishing trips.
- Play at the Tradition Field Sports Complex – This complex features baseball and softball fields, soccer fields, and a playground.
- Explore the Environmental Learning Center – This center offers educational exhibits and programs on the local environment and wildlife.
- Take a paddleboard or kayak tour – There are many companies that offer guided paddleboard and kayak tours of the local waterways.
- Go to the Fort Pierce Farmers Market – This weekly market offers fresh produce, crafts, and food vendors.
- Check out the St. Lucie County Aquarium – This small aquarium features exhibits on local marine life.
- Take a trip to the St. Lucie County Regional History Center – This museum features exhibits on the history of St. Lucie County and Port St. Lucie.
- Visit the Heathcote Botanical Gardens – This botanical garden features a variety of exotic plants, including a collection of bonsai trees.
- Play golf at the St. Lucie Trail Golf Club – This golf club features a championship course designed by Jim Fazio.
- Take a hike at the Spruce Bluff Preserve – This preserve offers hiking trails through a scenic wilderness area.
- Go on a sunset cruise – There are many companies that offer sunset cruises of the Indian River Lagoon.
- Play at the Whispering Pines Park – This park features playgrounds, picnic areas, and sports fields.
- Go to the Fort Pierce Inlet State Park – This park offers fishing opportunities, beach access, and picnic areas.
- Attend the Fort Pierce Jazz & Blues Society’s Jazz Market – This monthly market features live music, vendors, and food trucks.
- Visit the A.E. Backus Museum & Gallery – This museum features exhibits and displays on the work of Florida artist A.E. Backus.
- Play disc golf at the Gordy Road Recreation Area – This park features a disc golf course, as well as hiking trails and picnic areas.
- Go shopping at the Treasure Coast Square Mall – This mall features a variety of stores and restaurants.
- Attend a concert at the Sunrise Theatre – This historic theater hosts a variety of live performances throughout the year.
- Take a scenic drive on the Indian River Lagoon Scenic Highway – This scenic drive offers beautiful views of the river and local wildlife.
- Visit the Manatee Observation and Education Center – This center offers educational exhibits and programs on local manate
- Take a wildlife tour at the Savannas Education Center – This center offers guided tours of the Savannas Preserve State Park and other local wildlife areas.
- Go horseback riding at the Tuckahoe Farms – This stable offers horseback riding lessons and guided trail rides.
- Check out the Port St. Lucie Civic Center – This facility hosts a variety of events and activities, including concerts, expos, and community events.