Palmdale is a city located in the northern part of Los Angeles County, California, United States. It is situated in the Antelope Valley region, about 60 miles north of downtown Los Angeles. With a population of over 150,000, Palmdale is one of the largest cities in the Antelope Valley and the 33rd most populous city in California.
The city has a semi-arid climate with hot summers and mild winters, and is known for its stunning natural beauty, with the nearby San Gabriel Mountains and the Angeles National Forest providing opportunities for outdoor recreation, including hiking, skiing, and camping.
Palmdale is also home to several cultural and recreational attractions, including the Palmdale Amphitheater, which hosts concerts and other events throughout the year, and the Antelope Valley Mall, a popular shopping destination with over 140 stores and restaurants. Other notable attractions include the Palmdale Playhouse, the Joe Davies Heritage Airpark, and the Dry Town Water Park.
here are 30 fun things to do in Palmdale,
- Visit the Palmdale Amphitheater – This outdoor venue hosts a variety of concerts, festivals, and other events throughout the year.
- Explore the Antelope Valley Indian Museum – This museum showcases the art, history, and culture of the Native American tribes that once lived in the Antelope Valley.
- Take a tour of the Joe Davies Heritage Airpark – This outdoor museum features a collection of vintage aircraft and other aviation memorabilia.
- Visit the Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve – This state park is known for its stunning display of California poppies in the spring, and offers opportunities for hiking and wildlife viewing.
- Go hiking in the nearby San Gabriel Mountains – This mountain range offers numerous trails for hikers of all skill levels, with stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- Visit the Dry Town Water Park – This water park features water slides, wave pools, and other attractions, making it a popular destination for families and thrill-seekers.
- Explore the Prime Desert Woodland Preserve – This nature preserve features hiking trails, picnic areas, and a visitor center with exhibits on the local flora and fauna.
- Attend a performance at the Palmdale Playhouse – This theater hosts a variety of productions, including plays, musicals, and concerts.
- Go skiing or snowboarding at Mountain High Resort – This ski resort is located about an hour’s drive from Palmdale and offers a variety of slopes for skiers and snowboarders of all levels.
- Take a hot air balloon ride – Several companies offer hot air balloon rides in the Antelope Valley, providing a unique perspective on the area’s stunning natural beauty.
- Visit the Mulligan Family Fun Center – This family-friendly entertainment complex features miniature golf, go-karts, batting cages, and other attractions.
- Explore the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds – This fairground hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including concerts, rodeos, and the annual Antelope Valley Fair.
- Go fishing at Lake Palmdale – This man-made lake offers opportunities for fishing, boating, and other water-based activities.
- Visit the Palmdale International Shopping Mall – This shopping center features a variety of stores and restaurants, as well as a movie theater.
- Attend a minor league baseball game – The Lancaster JetHawks, a minor league baseball team, play their home games in nearby Lancaster.
- Go horseback riding in the Antelope Valley – Several companies offer horseback riding tours of the area, providing a unique way to experience the region’s natural beauty.
- Visit the Legacy Commons Park – This park features playgrounds, picnic areas, and a splash pad, making it a popular destination for families with children.
- Explore the Lancaster Museum of Art and History – This museum features exhibits on the history and culture of Lancaster and the surrounding area.
- Attend the Palmdale Auto Mall Drive-In Movie Theater – This drive-in theater shows current movies and provides a fun and nostalgic movie-going experience.
- Take a tour of the Lockheed Martin Skunk Works – This facility in nearby Palmdale is where the legendary SR-71 Blackbird spy plane was developed, and offers tours for aviation enthusiasts.
- Visit the Palmdale Civic Center – This community center features a variety of events and activities throughout the year, including concerts, art exhibits, and community festivals.
- Go rock climbing at Joshua Tree National Park – This national park is located about two hours’ drive from Palmdale and is known for its stunning rock formations and world-class rock climbing opportunities.
- Visit the Apollo Community Regional Park – This park features sports fields, picnic areas
- Go on a scenic drive through the Angeles National Forest – The Angeles National Forest offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and forests, making for a scenic and peaceful drive.
- Take a pottery class at the Palmdale Oasis Park Recreation Center – This recreation center offers pottery classes for people of all ages and skill levels, providing a fun and creative outlet.
- Visit the Palmdale City Library – This library offers a variety of books, resources, and programs for people of all ages, making it a great destination for book-lovers.
- Explore the Palmdale Schoolhouse Museum – This museum is housed in a restored 19th-century schoolhouse and features exhibits on the history of education in the Antelope Valley.
- Take a tour of the Joe Walker Middle School Aerospace Academy – This middle school offers a unique aerospace-themed curriculum and provides tours for visitors interested in STEM education.
- Attend the Palmdale Farmers Market – This farmers market is held every Thursday and features a variety of fresh produce, baked goods, and other locally-made products.
- Go birdwatching at the Apollo Community Regional Park – This park is home to a variety of bird species, making it a great destination for birdwatchers and nature enthusiasts.