Overland Park is a city located in Johnson County, Kansas, United States. It is the second most populous city in Kansas, with a population of over 195,000 residents. The city is known for its high quality of life, excellent schools, and thriving business community. Overland Park offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors and residents alike, including parks, museums, shopping centers, and cultural events.
One of the main attractions in Overland Park is the Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens. This 300-acre park features beautiful gardens, walking trails, and educational exhibits on horticulture and the natural environment.
Another popular destination is the Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead. This family-friendly attraction features a working farm, petting zoo, and interactive exhibits on farm life.
Overland Park is also home to the Museum at Prairiefire, which showcases natural history exhibits and rotating art exhibits. Visitors can also enjoy live theater and musical performances at the Johnson County Arts and Heritage Center.
For outdoor enthusiasts, Overland Park offers a variety of parks and recreational areas, including the Indian Creek Trail, Tomahawk Creek Trail, and the Blue River Trail. These trails provide opportunities for hiking, biking, and other outdoor activities.
Shopping is another popular activity in Overland Park, with several large shopping centers such as the Oak Park Mall and the Town Center Plaza. These shopping centers feature a wide range of retailers and restaurants.
Overall, Overland Park offers a diverse array of activities and attractions that appeal to people of all ages and interests. Whether you’re a nature lover, a culture enthusiast, or a shopping fan, there’s plenty to see and do in this vibrant city.
Here are 30 fun things to do in Overland Park, Kansas:
- Visit the Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens – This 300-acre park features beautiful gardens, walking trails, and educational exhibits on horticulture and the natural environment.
- Explore the Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead – This family-friendly attraction features a working farm, petting zoo, and interactive exhibits on farm life.
- Check out the Museum at Prairiefire – This museum showcases natural history exhibits and rotating art exhibits.
- See a show at the Johnson County Arts and Heritage Center – This venue hosts live theater and musical performances.
- Hike or bike the Indian Creek Trail – This 17-mile trail provides opportunities for outdoor activities.
- Visit the Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art – This museum features contemporary art exhibits and educational programs.
- Enjoy a picnic at the Tomahawk Creek Greenway – This park offers picnic areas and scenic views.
- Shop at the Oak Park Mall – This large shopping center features a variety of retailers and restaurants.
- See a movie at the AMC Town Center 20 – This movie theater offers a variety of films and special events.
- Play a round of golf at the Deer Creek Golf Club – This golf course features scenic views and challenging holes.
- Take a cooking class at the Culinary Center of Kansas City – This culinary school offers classes for all levels of experience.
- Visit the New Theatre Restaurant – This theater offers dinner and a show with a variety of performances.
- Enjoy a day of water fun at the Tomahawk Ridge Aquatic Center – This water park features slides, pools, and other attractions.
- Learn about local history at the Johnson County Museum – This museum showcases the history of Johnson County, Kansas.
- See a concert at the Overland Park Convention Center – This venue hosts concerts and other events.
- Have fun at the Urban Air Adventure Park – This indoor amusement park features trampolines, zip lines, and other attractions.
- Explore the Overland Park Farmers Market – This market offers fresh produce, crafts, and other items.
- See a play at the White Theatre at the Jewish Community Center – This theater showcases a variety of productions.
- Take a yoga class at CorePower Yoga – This yoga studio offers classes for all levels of experience.
- Check out the Overland Park Community Center – This facility offers fitness classes, swimming pools, and other amenities.
- See a sporting event at the Overland Park Soccer Complex – This sports complex hosts soccer games and other events.
- Visit the Museum of Anthropology at the University of Kansas – This museum features exhibits on anthropology and archaeology.
- Take a pottery class at Ceramic Cafe – This art studio offers pottery classes and other activities.
- Enjoy a day of bowling at Pinstripes – This bowling alley also features bocce, an arcade, and a restaurant.
- See a performance at the Carlsen Center at Johnson County Community College – This venue hosts a variety of performances.
- Visit the Korean War Veterans Memorial – This memorial honors those who served in the Korean War.
- Take a painting class at Pinot’s Palette – This art studio offers painting classes and other activities.
- Check out the Overland Park Historical Society – This organization preserves the history of Overland Park.
- Take a dance class at the Miller-Marley School of Dance and Voice – This dance school offers classes for all ages and levels of experience.
- Explore the Tomahawk Creek Trail – This trail provides opportunities for outdoor activities and scenic views.