There are several cities in the world named Ontario, but the most commonly known is Ontario, California in the United States.
Ontario is a city located in southwestern San Bernardino County, California, with a population of approximately 185,000 people. It is located in the Inland Empire region of Southern California and is known for its airport, convention center, and shopping malls.
Ontario was founded in 1882 by the Canadian engineer George Chaffey and his brother William Chaffey. It was named after the province of Ontario in Canada, where the Chaffey brothers had previously worked. The city has a diverse economy that includes manufacturing, healthcare, education, and logistics. Ontario International Airport is a major airport in the region and serves over 7 million passengers per year.
Here are 30 fun things to do in Ontario, California:
- Visit the Ontario Mills Mall – This large shopping mall features over 200 stores and restaurants.
- See a show at the Citizens Business Bank Arena – This arena hosts concerts, sporting events, and other live performances.
- Explore the Ontario Convention Center – This modern facility hosts conventions, trade shows, and other events.
- Visit the Planes of Fame Air Museum – This museum features historic aircraft and exhibits on aviation history.
- Go hiking in the nearby San Gabriel Mountains – This range offers many hiking trails with great views of the surrounding area.
- See a movie at the Edwards Ontario Palace Stadium 22 – This cinema complex features stadium seating and a large IMAX screen.
- Visit the Museum of History and Art – This museum features exhibits on the history and culture of Ontario and the surrounding area.
- Play a round of golf at the Whispering Lakes Golf Course – This public course offers 18 holes and beautiful views of the nearby mountains.
- Go shopping at the Ontario Gateway Center – This outdoor shopping center features many popular stores and restaurants.
- See a performance at the Lewis Family Playhouse – This theater hosts plays, musicals, and other live performances.
- Visit the Cucamonga-Guasti Regional Park – This park features a lake for fishing and boating, picnic areas, and hiking trails.
- Take a tour of the historic Graber Olive House – This family-owned business has been producing olives in Ontario since 1894.
- See a game at the LoanMart Field – This minor league baseball stadium is home to the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes.
- Explore the nearby Claremont Village – This quaint shopping district features many unique shops and restaurants.
- Go ice skating at the Ontario Ice Skating Center – This indoor rink offers public skating sessions and skating lessons.
- Visit the nearby Chino Hills State Park – This park offers many hiking trails and has beautiful views of the surrounding area.
- Take a cooking class at the Ontario Recreation and Community Services Department – This department offers classes in cooking, arts and crafts, and other activities.
- Visit the nearby Ontario Reign Ice Hockey game – This professional ice hockey team plays at the Toyota Arena.
- Go bowling at the Brunswick Zone Deer Creek Lanes – This bowling alley features 40 lanes and a sports bar.
- Explore the nearby Victoria Gardens – This outdoor shopping center features many upscale stores and restaurants.
- Take a fitness class at the Ontario Community Center – This center offers classes in yoga, aerobics, and other fitness activities.
- Visit the nearby Auto Club Speedway – This NASCAR racetrack hosts several major races each year.
- Go to the nearby San Bernardino County Fair – This annual fair features carnival rides, live music, and agricultural exhibits.
- Visit the nearby Scandia Amusement Park – This family-friendly park features mini-golf, go-karts, and other attractions.
- Explore the nearby Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden – This garden features native California plants and has several hiking trails.
- Visit the nearby Ontario Ranch Farmers Market – This weekly market features local produce and artisanal products.
- Go to the nearby San Manuel Casino – This casino features over 4,000 slot machines, table games, and a poker room.
- See a movie at the AMC Dine-In Ontario Mills 30 – This cinema complex features a full menu and bar.
- Visit the nearby Pacific Electric Trail – This trail follows the route of the historic Pacific Electric Railway and is popular for biking and hiking.
- Take a dance class at the Arthur Murray Dance Center – This dance center offers classes in ballroom