North Las Vegas is a city located in Clark County, Nevada, United States. It is the fourth-largest city in the state of Nevada, with a population of approximately 258,000 residents as of the 2020 census. North Las Vegas is part of the Las Vegas metropolitan area and is situated in the northern part of the valley.
The city was incorporated in 1946 and was primarily a farming and ranching community. In recent years, North Las Vegas has experienced significant growth and development, with a focus on attracting new businesses and industries to the area.
North Las Vegas is home to several notable attractions, including the Aliante Nature Discovery Park, the Craig Ranch Regional Park, and the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The city is also home to the Nellis Air Force Base, which is a major employer in the area.
North Las Vegas is known for its warm, dry climate, with hot summers and mild winters. The city is a popular destination for outdoor activities, including hiking, camping, and golfing.
Here are 30 fun things to do in and around North Las Vegas City:
- Visit the Aliante Nature Discovery Park – This park offers a playground, water play area, picnic pavilions, and nature trails for visitors to enjoy.
- Explore the Craig Ranch Regional Park – This park features a skate park, splash pad, dog park, basketball courts, and more.
- See a show at the Cannery Casino and Hotel – This casino offers entertainment options such as live music, comedy shows, and sporting events.
- Visit the Planetarium at the College of Southern Nevada – This planetarium offers educational shows and stargazing opportunities for visitors.
- Go hiking at the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area – This area offers beautiful hiking trails and scenic views of the surrounding landscape.
- Visit the Las Vegas Natural History Museum – This museum offers interactive exhibits on the natural history of the Las Vegas area.
- Go bowling at the Texas Station Bowling Center – This bowling center offers a fun way to spend an afternoon with friends or family.
- Visit the Las Vegas Motor Speedway – This speedway hosts NASCAR and other racing events throughout the year.
- Go shopping at the Las Vegas Premium Outlets – This shopping center offers discounted prices on designer brands.
- Explore the Neon Museum – This museum features restored neon signs from historic Las Vegas casinos and businesses.
- See a show at the Smith Center for the Performing Arts – This performing arts center offers a wide range of entertainment options, including theater, dance, and music.
- Visit the Hoover Dam – This historic dam is located just a short drive from North Las Vegas and offers tours and scenic views.
- Go swimming at the Black Mountain Aquatic Complex – This complex features several pools and a water slide for visitors to enjoy.
- See the sharks at the Shark Reef Aquarium – This aquarium is located at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino and features a variety of aquatic animals, including sharks.
- Go to a rodeo at the Las Vegas Events Center – This event center hosts rodeos, concerts, and other events throughout the year.
- Take a helicopter tour of the Las Vegas Strip – This tour offers breathtaking views of the city from the air.
- Visit the Mob Museum – This museum offers exhibits on the history of organized crime in Las Vegas and the United States.
- Go golfing at the Aliante Golf Club – This golf course features beautiful scenery and challenging holes for golfers of all skill levels.
- Take a hot air balloon ride over the Las Vegas Valley – This ride offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- Visit the Springs Preserve – This nature preserve features walking trails, gardens, and educational exhibits on the history and ecology of the area.
- Go to the Las Vegas Mini Gran Prix – This go-kart track offers fun for all ages with a variety of tracks and vehicles to choose from.
- Visit the Ethel M Chocolate Factory and Botanical Cactus Garden – This factory offers tours and samples of their delicious chocolates, as well as a beautiful cactus garden to explore.
- Take a day trip to Lake Mead – This beautiful lake offers boating, fishing, and swimming opportunities.
- Visit the Red Rock Canyon Visitor Center – This center offers information on the area’s natural history and hiking trails.
- Go to the Pinball Hall of Fame – This museum features a large collection of vintage pinball machines and other classic arcade games.
- Take a tour of the historic Las Vegas Strip – This tour offers a glimpse into the city’s rich history and iconic landmarks.
- Visit the Fremont Street Experience – This pedestrian mall features live music, street performers, and a light show on a giant LED canopy.
- Explore the Discovery Children’s Museum – This museum offers interactive exhibits and activities for children of all ages.
- Take a day trip to Mount Charleston – This mountain offers hiking trails, skiing, and beautiful views of the surrounding area.
- Visit the Valley of Fire State Park – This park features stunning red rock formations and is a great spot for hiking, camping, and photography.