Miramar is a city located in Broward County, Florida, United States. It is part of the Miami metropolitan area and has a population of approximately 140,000 people as of the 2020 census. The city is known for its diverse community, excellent schools, and vibrant arts and culture scene.
Miramar was incorporated as a city in 1955, and since then it has undergone significant development, with a thriving business sector and a growing number of residential neighborhoods. The city is home to several major corporations, including Spirit Airlines, JL Audio, and Comcast.
Miramar is also a popular destination for tourists, thanks to its many parks and recreational facilities. Some of the most popular attractions in the city include the Miramar Cultural Center, the Miramar Regional Park, and the Miramar Pineland Park.
Overall, Miramar is a dynamic and thriving city with a strong sense of community and a wide range of cultural and recreational opportunities.
Here are the top 30 fun things to do in Miramar City:
- Visit the Miramar Cultural Center – The Miramar Cultural Center is a state-of-the-art facility that hosts a wide range of performances, concerts, and art exhibitions throughout the year.
- Explore the Miramar Pineland Park – This beautiful park features over 150 acres of preserved pinelands and wetlands, with walking trails, birdwatching opportunities, and picnic areas.
- Go fishing at the Ansin Sports Complex – The Ansin Sports Complex features several freshwater fishing lakes that are stocked with a variety of fish species.
- Enjoy a round of golf at the Country Club of Miami – The Country Club of Miami is a premier golf course that features two 18-hole courses and a driving range.
- Take a dip at the Miramar Aquatic Complex – The Miramar Aquatic Complex features an Olympic-size swimming pool, a splash park, and a water slide.
- Visit the Pembroke Lakes Mall – The Pembroke Lakes Mall is a popular shopping destination with over 150 stores and restaurants.
- Have a picnic at Miramar Regional Park – Miramar Regional Park features several picnic areas, playgrounds, and sports fields.
- Take a bike ride along the Miramar Parkway Greenway – The Miramar Parkway Greenway is a 10-mile paved trail that is perfect for cycling, walking, and jogging.
- Attend a concert at the Hard Rock Stadium – The Hard Rock Stadium is home to the Miami Dolphins and hosts concerts and other major events throughout the year.
- Visit the Flamingo Gardens – The Flamingo Gardens is a botanical garden and wildlife sanctuary that features over 3,000 species of plants and animals.
- Go shopping at the Sawgrass Mills Mall – The Sawgrass Mills Mall is the largest outlet mall in the United States, with over 350 stores and restaurants.
- Learn about local history at the Old Davie School Historical Museum – The Old Davie School Historical Museum is a restored 1918 schoolhouse that now serves as a museum and cultural center.
- Take a boat tour of the Everglades – The Everglades is a vast wetland ecosystem that is home to a wide range of wildlife, including alligators, birds, and panthers.
- Go kayaking or canoeing at the Anne Kolb Nature Center – The Anne Kolb Nature Center is a 1,500-acre wetland preserve that offers kayaking and canoeing opportunities.
- Visit the Young At Art Museum – The Young At Art Museum is a children’s museum that features hands-on exhibits and interactive art installations.
- See a show at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts – The Broward Center for the Performing Arts is a world-class theater that hosts a wide range of performances, from Broadway shows to ballet and opera.
- Take a hike at the Secret Woods Nature Center – The Secret Woods Nature Center features several hiking trails, a butterfly garden, and a boardwalk through a mangrove swamp.
- Go on a safari at the Lion Country Safari – The Lion Country Safari is a drive-through wildlife park that features over 1,000 animals from around the world.
- Visit the Miami Seaquarium – The Miami Seaquarium is an oceanarium that features dolphin and sea lion shows, a shark exhibit, and a sea turtle rehabilitation center.
- Explore the Bonnet House Museum and Gardens – The Bonnet House Museum and Gardens is a historic home that features a beautiful garden and art collection.
- Take a day trip to the Florida Keys – The Florida Keys are a series of islands that offer a variety of outdoor activities, including snorkeling, fishing, and kayaking.
- Have fun at the CB Smith Park – CB Smith Park features a water park, a miniature golf course, a batting cage, and picnic areas.
- Visit the Miami Beach – The Miami Beach is a popular tourist destination that offers a variety of beach activities, including swimming, sunbathing, and water sports.
- Explore the Shark Valley Visitor Center – The Shark Valley Visitor Center is a gateway to the Everglades that features hiking and biking trails, guided tours, and wildlife viewing opportunities.
- Go to the Fort Lauderdale Beach – The Fort Lauderdale Beach is a scenic beach that offers a variety of water sports, beachside dining, and entertainment options.
- Take a tour of the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens – The Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is a historic estate that features a beautiful garden, art collection, and architecture.
- Visit the Zoo Miami – The Zoo Miami is a zoo that features over 3,000 animals from around the world, including endangered species and rare animals.
- Take a cruise from the Port of Miami – The Port of Miami is one of the busiest cruise ports in the world and offers a variety of cruise options to destinations around the world.
- Attend a festival or event – Miramar City and the surrounding areas host a variety of festivals and events throughout the year, including the Miami International Boat Show, the South Beach Wine and Food Festival, and the Miami Film Festival.