Mesa is a city located in Maricopa County in the state of Arizona, USA. It is the third-largest city in Arizona, with a population of over 500,000 people. Mesa is part of the Phoenix metropolitan area and is located just east of the city of Phoenix.
Mesa has a rich history, dating back to prehistoric times, when the Hohokam people lived in the area. Today, the city is known for its diverse economy, with a mix of industries including healthcare, education, and aerospace. Mesa is also a popular destination for tourism, with a variety of attractions and amenities for visitors.
Some of the most notable attractions in Mesa include the Mesa Arts Center, which offers a variety of performances, classes, and exhibits related to the arts. Other popular destinations include the Arizona Museum of Natural History, which features exhibits on the natural history of the region, and the Mesa Grande Cultural Park, which offers a glimpse into the lives of the Hohokam people.
Mesa is also known for its outdoor recreation opportunities, with the nearby Superstition Mountains offering hiking, camping, and other activities. The city is also home to several golf courses and parks, including the Usery Mountain Regional Park and the Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch.
In addition to its cultural and recreational offerings, Mesa is also known for its dining scene, with a variety of local restaurants and breweries. The city hosts several annual events and festivals, including the Mesa Arts Festival, the Arizona Celebration of Freedom, and the Mesa Music Festival.
- Visit the Mesa Arts Center – Explore one of the largest arts centers in the country, which features galleries, theaters, and a variety of performances.
- Hike the Superstition Mountains – Take a scenic hike through the Superstition Mountains, which offer breathtaking views of the surrounding area.
- Visit the Arizona Museum of Natural History – Learn about the history of Arizona and the Southwest at this museum, which features exhibits on dinosaurs, ancient civilizations, and more.
- Play a round of golf – Mesa is home to several championship golf courses, including the famous TPC Scottsdale.
- Take a hot air balloon ride – Soar above the desert landscape and enjoy stunning views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
- Explore the Mesa Grande Ruins – See the remains of an ancient Hohokam settlement at this archaeological site.
- Attend a spring training baseball game – Catch a game during spring training season, when many Major League Baseball teams come to the area to train.
- Visit the Usery Mountain Regional Park – Enjoy hiking, camping, and outdoor recreation at this beautiful park.
- Take a tour of the Salt River – Float down the Salt River on a guided tour and see the scenic beauty of the area.
- Visit the Commemorative Air Force Museum – See vintage aircraft and learn about the history of aviation at this fascinating museum.
- Attend the Mesa Music Festival – Enjoy live music from a variety of genres at this annual festival.
- Visit the Mesa Market Place Swap Meet – Browse through hundreds of vendors selling a wide range of goods at this popular swap meet.
- Take a cooking class – Learn how to make delicious Southwest-style dishes at a cooking class.
- Go horseback riding – Explore the desert landscape on horseback and enjoy the scenery.
- Visit the Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum – See a collection of vintage aircraft and learn about the history of aviation.
- Attend the Arizona Renaissance Festival – Step back in time and experience life during the Renaissance at this annual festival.
- Go on a hot air balloon glow ride – Watch the balloons light up the night sky during a hot air balloon glow ride.
- Visit the i.d.e.a. Museum – Take the kids to this interactive museum, which features hands-on exhibits and activities.
- Go on a jeep tour – Explore the desert landscape in a rugged Jeep and see some of the area’s most scenic spots.
- Visit the Mesa Historical Museum – Learn about the history of Mesa and the surrounding area at this fascinating museum.
- Attend the Mesa Arts Festival – Enjoy art, music, and food at this annual festival, which takes place in downtown Mesa.
- Visit the Mesa Grande Cultural Park – See the ruins of an ancient Hohokam settlement and learn about their way of life.
- Take a sunset hike – Enjoy a scenic hike through the desert landscape and watch the sunset over the mountains.
- Visit the Mesa Southwest Museum – Explore the natural and cultural history of the Southwest at this museum, which features exhibits on geology, archaeology, and more.
- Attend the Arizona BBQ Festival – Sample some of the best barbecue in the state at this annual festival.
- Go on a guided bird-watching tour – See a variety of bird species in their natural habitat on a guided tour.
- Visit the Dobson Ranch Golf Course – Play a round of golf at this beautiful course, which features lush greens and stunning views.
- Take a guided mountain bike tour – Explore the desert landscape on a mountain bike and see some of the area’s most scenic spots.
- Attend the Mesa Arts and Crafts Festival – Browse through handmade crafts and artwork from local artisans at this monthly festival.
- Visit the Mesa Contemporary Arts Museum