Kansas City is a major city located in the Midwestern region of the United States, on the border of the states of Missouri and Kansas. It is the largest city in Missouri and the sixth largest in the Midwest, with a population of over 495,000 people and a metropolitan population of over 2 million.
Kansas City is a major center for business, transportation, and culture in the region. The city is home to many major companies, including Sprint, Hallmark Cards, and H&R Block. It is also a major transportation hub, with several interstate highways and a major airport, Kansas City International Airport, located nearby.
The city is known for its barbecue, jazz music, and fountains. It is home to more than 200 fountains, which is why it is known as the “City of Fountains”. The city also has a vibrant arts and culture scene, with many theaters, museums, and music venues.
Sports are also a big part of Kansas City culture, with professional sports teams in football, baseball, and soccer. The Kansas City Chiefs, Kansas City Royals, and Sporting Kansas City are all major sports franchises based in the city.
Overall, Kansas City is a dynamic and diverse city that offers something for everyone, from its thriving business scene to its rich culture and history.
- Visit the National World War I Museum and Memorial – Explore the history of World War I and pay tribute to those who served.
- Go to the Country Club Plaza – Shop, dine, and enjoy the Spanish-inspired architecture of this popular outdoor shopping district.
- Visit the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art – Explore one of the finest art museums in the country, with a collection of over 35,000 works of art.
- See a show at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts – Enjoy world-class performances in one of the most beautiful venues in the country.
- Take a tour of the Boulevard Brewing Company – Learn about the brewing process and sample some of Kansas City’s famous craft beers.
- Visit the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum – Learn about the history of African American baseball and the Negro Leagues.
- Go to the Kansas City Zoo – See a variety of animals from around the world at this popular family attraction.
- Take a stroll in the Loose Park – Enjoy the beautiful gardens and green spaces in this popular city park.
- Go to the Arabia Steamboat Museum – Explore a steamboat that sank in the Missouri River in 1856 and see its cargo of 200 tons of 19th-century artifacts.
- Visit the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum – Learn about the life and presidency of one of America’s most influential leaders.
- See a game at Arrowhead Stadium – Cheer on the Kansas City Chiefs, one of the NFL’s most popular teams.
- Take a tour of the Thomas Hart Benton Home and Studio State Historic Site – See the home and studio of one of America’s most influential painters.
- Visit the Money Museum at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City – Learn about the history of money and see a collection of rare coins and currency.
- Go to the American Jazz Museum – Explore the history of jazz music and its impact on American culture.
- Visit the Kansas City Public Library – See the unique architecture of the library’s central branch, which features giant book spines on its exterior.
- Go to the Harry S. Truman National Historic Site – See the home where Truman lived before and after his presidency.
- Take a tour of the Hallmark Visitors Center – Learn about the history of Hallmark Cards and see how greeting cards are made.
- Visit the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art – Explore contemporary art exhibits in this popular museum.
- Go to the Strawberry Hill Museum and Cultural Center – Learn about the history of the Eastern European immigrant community in Kansas City.
- Take a tour of the Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens – See a variety of plants and flowers in a beautiful outdoor setting.
- Visit the Coterie Theatre – See a performance at this award-winning children’s theater.
- Go to the National Museum of Toys and Miniatures – Explore a collection of antique toys and miniatures.
- Visit the Kaleidoscope Children’s Art Center – Let your creativity run wild with hands-on art activities for kids.
- Take a tour of the Harley-Davidson Vehicle and Powertrain Operations – Learn about the history of this iconic motorcycle brand and see how they are made.
- Go to the Sea Life Kansas City Aquarium – Explore an underwater world with a variety of sea creatures.
- Visit the Powell Gardens – See beautiful gardens and sculptures in this 970-acre botanical garden.
- Take a tour of the Roasterie Coffee Factory – Learn about the roasting process and sample some of Kansas City’s best coffee.
- Go to the Schlitterbahn Waterpark – Cool off with a variety of water rides and attractions.
- Visit the Weston Bend State Park – Enjoy outdoor recreation and scenic views in this beautiful