Jacksonville is a city located in the northeastern part of the state of Florida, United States. It is the largest city by land area in the contiguous United States, covering over 840 square miles. As of 2021, its population was estimated to be around 930,000 people, making it the 12th most populous city in the United States.
The city of Jacksonville is known for its beautiful beaches, including Jacksonville Beach and Neptune Beach, as well as its vibrant arts and culture scene. It is home to several museums, theaters, and galleries, as well as the Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra and the Jacksonville Jazz Festival.
Jacksonville is also an important economic hub in the region, with a diverse economy that includes industries such as healthcare, finance, logistics, and technology. The city is home to several major corporations, including CSX Corporation, Fidelity National Information Services, and Winn-Dixie Stores.
Overall, Jacksonville is a dynamic city with a rich history, a thriving cultural scene, and a strong economy.
- Explore the beaches – Jacksonville has over 20 miles of beautiful beaches to explore, including Jacksonville Beach and Neptune Beach.
- Visit the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens – The zoo is home to over 2,000 animals and has beautiful botanical gardens.
- Take a riverboat cruise – Enjoy a scenic cruise on the St. Johns River and see the city from a different perspective.
- Visit the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens – This museum features a collection of over 5,000 works of art and beautiful gardens.
- Check out the Museum of Science and History – This interactive museum is perfect for families and features exhibits on science, history, and technology.
- Go kayaking or paddleboarding – There are several places in Jacksonville where you can rent kayaks or paddleboards and explore the waterways.
- Take a hike – The city has several parks and nature preserves with hiking trails, including the Jacksonville Arboretum and Gardens.
- Visit the Riverside Arts Market – This weekly market features local vendors selling food, art, and other goods.
- Catch a show at the Florida Theatre – This historic theater hosts concerts, plays, and other performances.
- Visit the Kingsley Plantation – This historic plantation offers a glimpse into the area’s history.
- Go fishing – The St. Johns River and nearby lakes offer great fishing opportunities.
- Take a bike tour – There are several companies that offer bike tours of the city.
- Visit the Beaches Museum and History Park – This museum features exhibits on the history of the beaches area.
- Check out the Jacksonville Landing – This waterfront shopping and entertainment complex hosts events throughout the year.
- Take a brewery tour – Jacksonville has several breweries, and many offer tours and tastings.
- Go golfing – The city has several world-class golf courses, including the TPC Sawgrass.
- Visit the Ritz Theatre and Museum – This museum features exhibits on African American history and culture.
- Take a cooking class – Several places in Jacksonville offer cooking classes, including the Publix Aprons Cooking School.
- Go shopping – The city has several malls and shopping centers, including St. Johns Town Center.
- Visit the Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary – This sanctuary is home to several big cats, including lions and tigers.
- Take a ghost tour – Several companies offer ghost tours of the city, including the Ghosts and Gravestones tour.
- Visit the Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum – This museum features a collection of rare manuscripts and documents.
- Check out the Jax Ale Trail – This trail features several local breweries and taprooms.
- Go to a Jaguars game – The city’s NFL team, the Jacksonville Jaguars, play at TIAA Bank Field.
- Take a beach yoga class – Several companies offer yoga classes on the beach.
- Visit the Veterans Memorial Wall – This memorial honors the men and women who have served in the U.S. military.
- Go to a concert at Daily’s Place – This outdoor venue hosts concerts and other events throughout the year.
- Visit the Tree Hill Nature Center – This nature center features trails, gardens, and exhibits on local wildlife.
- Go on a sunset cruise – Enjoy a beautiful sunset on the water with a sunset cruise.
- Visit the Fort Caroline National Memorial – This historic site commemorates the first French settlement in the United States.