Fort Lauderdale is a city located in the state of Florida in the United States. It is situated on the southeastern coast of the state, approximately 28 miles north of Miami. With a population of over 182,000 people, Fort Lauderdale is the eighth-largest city in Florida.
Fort Lauderdale is known for its beautiful beaches, extensive canal system, and vibrant nightlife. It is a popular tourist destination, attracting millions of visitors each year. The city’s economy is driven by tourism, marine industries, and international trade.
Fort Lauderdale has a tropical rainforest climate, with hot and humid summers and warm winters. The city is also known for its extensive system of canals, which are used for transportation, recreation, and flood control.
Here are 30 fun things to do in Fort Lauderdale:
- Visit the Fort Lauderdale Beach – This beautiful beach is one of the main attractions of the city and offers miles of pristine sand and crystal-clear water.
- Take a water taxi tour of the canals – This is a great way to explore the city’s extensive system of canals and see the beautiful waterfront homes and yachts.
- Visit the Bonnet House Museum and Gardens – This historic home is a popular tourist attraction and features beautiful gardens and artwork.
- Explore the Riverwalk Arts and Entertainment District – This district is home to many art galleries, theaters, and cultural events.
- Go on a fishing charter – Fort Lauderdale is known for its excellent fishing opportunities, and many charter companies offer half-day or full-day trips.
- Visit the Museum of Discovery and Science – This interactive museum features exhibits on science, technology, and the natural world.
- Take a day trip to the Everglades – This unique ecosystem is located just a short drive from Fort Lauderdale and offers opportunities for wildlife viewing and airboat tours.
- Visit the Historic Stranahan House Museum – This historic home is one of the oldest buildings in Fort Lauderdale and offers guided tours.
- Go shopping at the Galleria Mall – This upscale shopping center features many high-end stores and restaurants.
- See a show at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts – This state-of-the-art theater hosts Broadway shows, concerts, and other live performances.
- Take a sunset cruise – Fort Lauderdale’s waterways are particularly beautiful at sunset, and many companies offer sunset cruises.
- Visit the NSU Art Museum – This museum features a collection of over 6,000 works of art, including contemporary and modern art.
- Go on a Segway tour – This is a fun and unique way to explore the city and see its many sights.
- Take a surfing lesson – Fort Lauderdale’s beaches offer great waves for beginners and experienced surfers alike.
- Visit the International Swimming Hall of Fame – This museum features exhibits on the history of swimming and the sport’s most accomplished athletes.
- Go snorkeling or diving – Fort Lauderdale’s offshore reefs offer great opportunities for underwater exploration.
- Visit the Hugh Taylor Birch State Park – This park offers hiking trails, picnic areas, and kayaking and canoeing opportunities.
- Take a yoga class on the beach – Many yoga instructors offer outdoor classes on Fort Lauderdale’s beaches.
- Go on a ghost tour – Fort Lauderdale has a haunted history, and many companies offer ghost tours that explore the city’s spooky past.
- Visit the Fort Lauderdale Antique Car Museum – This museum features a collection of vintage cars from the early 1900s.
- Take a cooking class – Many cooking schools in Fort Lauderdale offer classes on a variety of cuisines.
- Go on a bike tour – Fort Lauderdale has many scenic bike routes that allow visitors to explore the city’s neighborhoods and waterfront areas.
- Visit the Fort Lauderdale Fire and Safety Museum – This museum features exhibits on the history of firefighting and fire safety.
- Take a golf lesson – Fort Lauderdale has many excellent golf courses and instructors who offer lessons for all skill levels.
- Visit the Butterfly World – This attraction features a large butterfly aviary and botanical gardens.
- Go on a paddleboarding tour – Fort Lauderdale’s waterways are great for paddleboarding, and many companies offer guided tours.
- Take a salsa dancing class – Fort Lauderdale has a vibrant Latin dance scene, and many instructors offer salsa dancing classes.
- Visit the Wreck Bar – This historic bar features a unique underwater mermaid show.
- Go on a food tour – Fort Lauderdale’s diverse culinary scene offers many
- Visit the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino – This popular destination offers a variety of gaming options, as well as restaurants, bars, and live entertainment. It also features a large guitar-shaped hotel tower that is a must-see for music lovers.