Fayetteville is a city located in the state of North Carolina, United States. It is the sixth-largest city in North Carolina and serves as the county seat of Cumberland County. The city is known for its rich history, military presence, and cultural diversity.
Fayetteville is home to several major military installations, including Fort Bragg, which is the largest military installation in the world by population. The city also has a strong economy that is driven by its healthcare, education, and government sectors.
The downtown area of Fayetteville features a variety of cultural attractions, including museums, theaters, and art galleries. The city is also known for its numerous parks and outdoor recreational opportunities, such as the Cape Fear River Trail and the Botanical Garden at Cape Fear.
Fayetteville is a diverse city with a population of over 200,000 people. Its residents come from a variety of ethnic and cultural backgrounds, making it a vibrant and inclusive community.
Here are 30 fun things to do in Fayetteville City
- Visit the Airborne and Special Operations Museum – This museum is dedicated to the history of airborne and special operations soldiers and their contributions to the United States military.
- Take a walk or bike ride on the Cape Fear River Trail – The Cape Fear River Trail is a paved, multi-use trail that runs for nearly 5 miles along the scenic Cape Fear River.
- Check out the Fayetteville Dogwood Festival – This annual festival features live music, carnival rides, and a variety of food and craft vendors.
- Tour the historic Market House – The Market House is a historic building in downtown Fayetteville that has served as a market, town hall, and courthouse over the years.
- Visit the Fascinate-U Children’s Museum – This interactive museum is designed for children and features hands-on exhibits that teach them about science, art, and history.
- Explore the Botanical Garden at Cape Fear – This 80-acre botanical garden features a variety of gardens, including a Japanese garden, a camellia garden, and a heritage garden.
- Watch a show at the Cape Fear Regional Theatre – This regional theatre hosts a variety of plays, musicals, and other performances throughout the year.
- Visit the Cumberland County Public Library and Information Center – This library offers a variety of programs and events, as well as a vast collection of books, movies, and other resources.
- Play a round of golf at one of Fayetteville’s many golf courses – Fayetteville has several golf courses, including the Gates Four Golf and Country Club and the Baywood Golf Club.
- Attend a Fayetteville Marksmen hockey game – The Fayetteville Marksmen are a minor league hockey team that plays at the Crown Coliseum.
- Visit the Fayetteville Area Transportation and Local History Museum – This museum features exhibits on the history of transportation in Fayetteville and the surrounding area.
- Explore the historic downtown area – Downtown Fayetteville features a variety of historic buildings, shops, and restaurants.
- Attend a Fayetteville Woodpeckers baseball game – The Fayetteville Woodpeckers are a minor league baseball team that plays at Segra Stadium.
- Visit the Museum of the Cape Fear – This museum features exhibits on the history of the Cape Fear region, including Native American history, the Civil War, and the development of the railroad.
- Take a guided tour of Fort Bragg – Fort Bragg is the largest military installation in the world by population and offers guided tours that showcase its history and current operations.
- Go fishing at Lake Rim Park – Lake Rim Park is a popular spot for fishing, as well as hiking, picnicking, and other outdoor activities.
- Attend the Fayetteville Symphony Orchestra – This orchestra performs a variety of classical and contemporary music throughout the year.
- Explore the Fayetteville Area Market – The Fayetteville Area Market is a weekly farmers market that features fresh produce, baked goods, and handmade crafts.
- Take a pottery class at the Cape Fear Studios and Gallery – The Cape Fear Studios and Gallery offers pottery classes and workshops, as well as exhibits of local art.
- Visit the Cool Spring Downtown District – This downtown area features a variety of shops, restaurants, and cultural attractions.
- Attend the Fayetteville Comic Con – This annual convention features comic book artists and writers, cosplayers, and other pop culture personalities.
- Explore the Carver’s Creek State Park – This state park features hiking trails, picnic areas, and a historic estate that was once owned by James Stillman Rockefeller.
- Take a cooking class at the Sweet Tea Shakespeare Kitchen – The Sweet Tea Shakespeare Kitchen offers cooking classes that teach participants
- Visit the Auman Vineyards Winery – This local winery offers wine tastings, tours of the vineyards, and a variety of events throughout the year.
- Take a scenic drive on the All-American Highway – This highway runs through Fort Bragg and offers scenic views of the surrounding area.
- Go horseback riding at the Carolina Horse Park – The Carolina Horse Park offers horseback riding lessons, clinics, and events, as well as trails for riders of all skill levels.
- Attend the Fayetteville Jazz Festival – This annual festival features live jazz performances by local and national musicians.
- Take a tour of the 1897 Poe House – This historic house was built in 1897 and has been preserved as a museum that showcases life in Fayetteville at the turn of the 20th century.
- Explore the Clark Park Nature Center – The Clark Park Nature Center offers nature exhibits, hiking trails, and educational programs on the local flora and fauna.
- Visit the Fayetteville Art Council – The Fayetteville Art Council hosts a variety of art exhibits and events, as well as workshops and classes for aspiring artists.