Daly City is a city in San Mateo County, California, located immediately south of San Francisco. As of the 2020 census, the population of Daly City was approximately 107,000, making it the largest city in San Mateo County by population.
Daly City is known for its diverse community and proximity to San Francisco. The city has a mix of residential neighborhoods, commercial areas, and industrial districts. Some of the top attractions in Daly City include the Cow Palace, a major event center that hosts concerts, rodeos, and other events throughout the year, and Thornton State Beach, a popular spot for hiking, fishing, and enjoying the ocean views.
Daly City has a rich cultural heritage, with many different ethnic and cultural groups represented in its population. The city has a strong Filipino-American community, with many Filipino-owned businesses and cultural events taking place throughout the year. Daly City is also home to a growing Chinese-American community, as well as a significant Hispanic/Latino population.
Overall, Daly City is a diverse and vibrant city that offers a mix of urban and natural attractions. With its close proximity to San Francisco and easy access to transportation, it is a popular destination for visitors and a great place to live for those who want to be close to the action of the Bay Area while still enjoying a more suburban lifestyle.
Top 30 Fun Things to do in About Daly City
- Explore the San Francisco Zoo – The San Francisco Zoo is home to over 1,000 exotic and endangered animals, and is a fun-filled adventure for visitors of all ages.
- Visit the Serramonte Center – Serramonte Center is a shopping mall in Daly City that features a variety of stores, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- Take a scenic drive on Skyline Boulevard – Skyline Boulevard offers stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and the San Francisco Bay, making it a popular spot for scenic drives.
- Hike the Thornton Beach State Park – This beautiful park features a variety of hiking trails, including the popular Thornton Beach Trail, which takes visitors along the coast and through the lush forests of the area.
- Play golf at the Lake Merced Golf Club – The Lake Merced Golf Club is a beautiful course that offers stunning views and challenging play for golfers of all skill levels.
- Explore the Pacifica Pier – The Pacifica Pier is a popular spot for fishing, strolling, and enjoying the beautiful ocean views.
- Visit the Cow Palace – The Cow Palace is an indoor arena that hosts a variety of events, including concerts, sports games, and trade shows.
- Go whale watching in the Pacific Ocean – Daly City is located close to some of the best spots for whale watching in the Pacific Ocean, including Half Moon Bay and the Farallon Islands.
- Take a scenic walk along the Daly City coastline – The Daly City coastline offers stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and the surrounding landscape, making it a popular spot for leisurely walks.
- Explore the Fort Funston National Park – This beautiful park features a variety of hiking trails, scenic overlooks, and historic landmarks, making it a great place to spend the day.
- Visit the Westlake Shopping Center – The Westlake Shopping Center is a popular mall in Daly City that features a variety of stores, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- Go on a wine tasting tour in nearby Napa Valley – Napa Valley is located just a short drive from Daly City and is home to some of the best wineries and vineyards in the country.
- Visit the Daly City History Museum – The Daly City History Museum is dedicated to preserving the rich history and culture of the area, and features a variety of exhibits and artifacts.
- Play mini-golf at the Golden Tee Golfland – Golden Tee Golfland is a fun-filled destination that features mini-golf, arcade games, and more.
- Take a tour of the San Francisco Cable Car Museum – The San Francisco Cable Car Museum is a fascinating museum that explores the history and technology behind the iconic cable cars of San Francisco.
- Go indoor skydiving at iFLY – iFLY is an indoor skydiving experience that allows visitors to experience the thrill of freefalling in a safe and controlled environment.
- Visit the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park – This beautiful park features a variety of historic ships and exhibits that showcase the rich maritime history of the area.
- Explore the San Francisco Chinatown – San Francisco Chinatown is one of the largest and oldest Chinatowns in the United States, and is home to a variety of shops, restaurants, and cultural landmarks.
- Take a tour of the San Francisco City Hall – San Francisco City Hall is a beautiful historic building that offers tours and exhibits that showcase the rich history and culture of the city.
- Go on a Segway tour of San Francisco – Segway tours are a fun and unique way to explore the city, and offer a variety of different routes and options.
- Enjoy the beautiful views from Twin Peaks – Twin Peaks is a scenic lookout point that offers breathtaking views of San Francisco and the surrounding areas.
- Take a stroll through the Golden Gate Park – Golden Gate Park is a beautiful urban oasis that features gardens, lakes, and a variety of cultural attractions.
- Visit the California Palace of the Legion of Honor – The California Palace of the Legion of Honor is a beautiful museum that features an impressive collection of art and artifacts from around the world.
- Go on a bike tour of the city – Bike tours are a great way to explore San Francisco and the surrounding areas, and offer a unique perspective on the city.
- Visit the Walt Disney Family Museum – The Walt Disney Family Museum is a must-see attraction for Disney fans, and offers a fascinating look at the life and work of Walt Disney.
- Take a ferry to Alcatraz Island – Alcatraz Island is home to the infamous Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary, and offers a fascinating look at the history of the prison and the island.
- Enjoy the nightlife in the Mission District – The Mission District is a vibrant neighborhood that offers a variety of bars, restaurants, and nightlife options.
- Go on a food tour of the city – San Francisco is known for its delicious food scene, and a food tour is a great way to sample some of the city’s best cuisine.
- Visit the Fisherman’s Wharf – Fisherman’s Wharf is a popular tourist destination that offers a variety of restaurants, shops, and attractions, including the famous sea lions at Pier 39.
- Attend a game or event at Oracle Park – Oracle Park is home to the San Francisco Giants baseball team, and also hosts a variety of other events throughout the year, including concerts and festivals. It’s a great place to experience the excitement of live sports and entertainment.