Corona is a city located in Riverside County, California, United States. As of the 2020 census, the population of Corona was approximately 171,000 people, making it one of the larger cities in the Inland Empire region of Southern California.
Corona is located in the western part of Riverside County and is bordered by the cities of Riverside, Norco, and Chino Hills. The city covers an area of approximately 39 square miles.
Corona is known for its excellent schools, parks, and recreational opportunities. It is also home to a diverse population, with a significant number of residents of Hispanic, Asian, and African American descent.
Some of the notable attractions in Corona include the Corona Heritage Park and Museum, which showcases the city’s history, and the Dos Lagos Shopping Center, which features a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. The city is also home to several excellent golf courses, including the Glen Ivy Golf Club and the Trilogy Golf Club at Glen Ivy.
Overall, Corona is a thriving city with many amenities and opportunities for its residents and visitors. Its location in the Inland Empire region makes it a great place to live or visit, with easy access to Los Angeles and other Southern California destinations.
- Visit the Corona Heritage Park and Museum: Learn about the history of the city and its early settlers through exhibits, artifacts, and hands-on activities.
- Explore the Skyline Drive Trail: Hike or bike along this scenic trail that offers panoramic views of the city and surrounding landscape.
- Shop and dine at the Dos Lagos Shopping Center: This outdoor shopping center offers a wide variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- Take a hot air balloon ride: Enjoy breathtaking views of the city and surrounding landscape from the basket of a hot air balloon.
- Play a round of golf at Glen Ivy Golf Club: This award-winning golf course features scenic views, challenging holes, and a full-service clubhouse.
- Enjoy a day of family fun at Castle Park: This amusement park offers rides, games, mini-golf, and other attractions for all ages.
- Visit Tom’s Farms: This family-friendly attraction features a country store, farmers market, petting zoo, and live entertainment.
- Take a scenic drive along the Ortega Highway: This winding road offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
- Play disc golf at the Prado Regional Park: This park features an 18-hole disc golf course, as well as fishing, hiking, and other recreational activities.
- Explore the Cleveland National Forest: This nearby wilderness area offers hiking, camping, and scenic drives.
- Visit the Fender Guitar Visitor Center: Learn about the history of this iconic guitar manufacturer and view exhibits showcasing some of their most famous models.
- Take a tour of the Historic Main Street: This charming downtown area features a variety of shops, restaurants, and historic buildings.
- Visit the Corona Art Association Gallery: View artwork by local artists and attend art workshops and events.
- Hike the Skyline Trail at the Skyline Wilderness Park: This trail offers scenic views of the city and is popular among hikers and mountain bikers.
- Attend a concert at the M15 Concert Bar and Grill: This popular music venue features live music, comedy shows, and other entertainment.
- Play at the Tom Kite-designed Trilogy Golf Club at Glen Ivy: This golf course offers challenging holes and beautiful views of the surrounding landscape.
- Go bowling at the AMF Bowling Co.: This bowling alley features 40 lanes, an arcade, and a sports bar.
- Visit the Corona Del Mar State Beach: This nearby beach offers surfing, swimming, and other water activities.
- Go hiking at the Chino Hills State Park: This nearby park offers miles of hiking trails and scenic views.
- Take a cooking class at the Young Chefs Academy: This cooking school offers classes and workshops for kids and adults.
- Attend a live performance at the Historic Civic Center Theatre: This theater hosts a variety of shows, including plays, musicals, and concerts.
- Go wine tasting at the Wilson Creek Winery: This nearby winery offers tastings, tours, and a full-service restaurant.
- Visit the Orange Empire Railway Museum: Explore the history of railways in Southern California through exhibits, train rides, and special events.
- Play soccer or baseball at the Butterfield Park: This park features sports fields, a playground, and picnic areas.
- Take a scenic drive along the Palms to Pines Scenic Byway: This road offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
- Visit the Corona Farmers Market: This weekly market offers fresh produce, baked goods, and other local products.
- Go skating at the Skating Edge Ice Arena: This ice rink offers public skating, lessons, and ice hockey.
- Visit the Corona Public Library: This modern library offers a wide selection of books, digital media, and community events and programs for all ages.
- Attend the Riverside County Fair and National Date Festival: Held annually in nearby Indio, this event features live entertainment, carnival rides, exhibits, and of course, plenty of dates.
- Take a guided tour of the Fender Guitar Factory: This factory in nearby Corona produces some of the world’s most famous guitars, and visitors can take a guided tour to learn about the manufacturing process and history of the brand.