Colorado Springs is a city located in central Colorado, in the United States. It is the second-largest city in the state, with a population of over 470,000 people, and it is the county seat of El Paso County.
The city is situated near the base of Pikes Peak, a 14,000-foot mountain that is a popular tourist attraction and outdoor recreation destination. Colorado Springs is also home to the United States Air Force Academy, which trains future Air Force officers, and the headquarters of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD).
The city has a diverse economy, with industries such as high-tech manufacturing, healthcare, and tourism. Colorado Springs is also home to a number of military installations, including Fort Carson, Peterson Air Force Base, and Schriever Air Force Base.
In addition to Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs is surrounded by a number of other natural attractions, including Garden of the Gods, a stunning red rock formation, and the Manitou Incline, a challenging hiking trail that climbs over 2,000 feet in less than a mile.
Overall, Colorado Springs is a vibrant city with a unique mix of urban and outdoor experiences, making it a popular destination for tourists and a great place to live.
- Hike Pikes Peak – Enjoy the breathtaking views of this iconic mountain by hiking one of the many trails in the area.
- Visit Garden of the Gods – Explore the stunning red rock formations and enjoy a variety of outdoor activities, including hiking, rock climbing, and mountain biking.
- Take a ride on the Pikes Peak Cog Railway – Experience a scenic train ride up to the summit of Pikes Peak.
- Visit the United States Air Force Academy – Tour the beautiful campus and learn about the history and traditions of the Air Force.
- Visit the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo – See a variety of animals from around the world, including giraffes, lions, and elephants.
- Explore Manitou Springs – Browse the unique shops and restaurants in this charming mountain town.
- Go on a hot air balloon ride – Enjoy the stunning views of the Colorado landscape from above.
- Visit the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center – See a variety of art exhibits, performances, and classes.
- Visit the Olympic Training Center – Tour the facilities where Olympic athletes train and learn about the history of the Olympic Games.
- Take a drive on the Pikes Peak Highway – Enjoy the scenic drive to the summit of Pikes Peak.
- Go whitewater rafting – Experience the thrill of rafting down the Arkansas River.
- Visit the Western Museum of Mining and Industry – Learn about the history of mining in the West and see a variety of mining equipment and artifacts.
- Visit the Space Foundation Discovery Center – Explore space-themed exhibits and learn about the science and technology behind space exploration.
- Take a tour of the Broadmoor Hotel – See the luxurious accommodations and beautiful grounds of this historic hotel.
- Visit the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum – Learn about the history of Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak region.
- Go on a Jeep tour of the Garden of the Gods – Explore the park in a rugged Jeep for a unique adventure.
- Go rock climbing – Climb the red rock formations in Garden of the Gods or other nearby climbing areas.
- Visit the May Natural History Museum – See a variety of insects, butterflies, and other animals from around the world.
- Take a stroll in the Colorado Springs Japanese Garden – Enjoy the tranquility of this beautiful garden.
- Go skiing or snowboarding – Hit the slopes at nearby ski resorts, such as Breckenridge, Keystone, or Vail.
- Visit the Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center – See wolves, coyotes, foxes, and other wildlife up close and learn about their habitats and behaviors.
- Go mountain biking – Explore the trails in the area on a mountain bike.
- Visit the Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument – See fossils of ancient plants and animals from over 30 million years ago.
- Go zip-lining – Experience the thrill of soaring through the trees on a zip-line.
- Take a tour of the Ghost Town Museum – Explore a recreated Old West mining town and learn about life in the late 1800s.
- Visit the Cripple Creek and Victor Narrow Gauge Railroad – Take a train ride through the historic mining district of Cripple Creek.
- Go horseback riding – Explore the trails in the area on horseback.
- Visit the Royal Gorge Bridge and Park – Walk across one of the highest suspension bridges in the world and enjoy the beautiful views.
- Go fly fishing – Cast a line in one of the many streams and rivers in the area.
- Visit the Cave of the Winds – Explore underground caverns and see stunning rock formations.