Cary is a town located in North Carolina, USA, and is a part of the Research Triangle metropolitan region. It has a population of approximately 170,000 people and is known for its high quality of life, strong economy, and excellent schools.
Cary has a thriving arts and culture scene, with several museums, theaters, and galleries to explore. The town also has numerous parks and greenways, making it a great destination for outdoor enthusiasts. Additionally, Cary hosts several festivals and events throughout the year, including the Lazy Daze Arts & Crafts Festival and the Cary Diwali Festival.
Cary is also home to several major employers, including SAS Institute, a leading software company, and the WakeMed Health and Hospitals system. The town has a strong economy and has been ranked as one of the best places to live and work in the United States.
Overall, Cary is a vibrant and welcoming community that offers something for everyone. Whether you’re interested in the arts, outdoor recreation, or career opportunities, Cary is a great place to visit or call home.
- Take a walk in the Fred G. Bond Metro Park: This 310-acre park offers trails, picnic areas, a lake, and a boathouse, making it a great destination for outdoor recreation.
- Visit the Hemlock Bluffs Nature Preserve: This nature preserve is home to a unique ecosystem and offers hiking trails and educational programs.
- Explore the Cary Downtown Park: This park features a fountain, playground, and amphitheater, and hosts concerts and events throughout the year.
- Take a tour of the SAS Institute headquarters: SAS is a major employer in Cary and offers tours of its impressive campus.
- Attend a performance at the Cary Arts Center: This arts center hosts concerts, plays, and other performances throughout the year.
- Go shopping at the Cary Towne Center mall: This mall features over 100 stores and restaurants.
- Visit the Page-Walker Arts and History Center: This historic building has been restored and now houses a museum and art gallery.
- Take a cooking class at Whisk: This cooking store offers classes on a variety of cuisines and techniques.
- Visit the Koka Booth Amphitheatre: This outdoor venue hosts concerts and events throughout the year.
- Explore the Stevens Nature Center: This nature center offers educational programs and interactive exhibits.
- Play a round of golf at the Prestonwood Country Club: This country club features two championship golf courses.
- Go ice skating at the Wake Competition Center: This ice skating rink offers public skating sessions and skating lessons.
- Visit the Triangle Aquatic Center: This indoor water park features pools, slides, and other attractions.
- Take a bike ride on the Cary Greenway: This system of trails offers over 70 miles of scenic paths for cycling and walking.
- Visit the North Carolina Chinese Lantern Festival: This annual festival features elaborate lantern displays and cultural performances.
- Attend a performance at the Booth Amphitheatre: This outdoor venue hosts concerts, plays, and other performances throughout the year.
- Take a pottery class at the Cary Arts Center: This arts center offers classes on a variety of mediums, including pottery.
- Visit the Jordan Lake State Recreation Area: This recreation area offers boating, fishing, camping, and hiking opportunities.
- Attend the Lazy Daze Arts & Crafts Festival: This annual festival features over 300 artists and craftspeople, as well as live music and food vendors.
- Explore the Cary Tennis Park: This park features 29 tennis courts and hosts several major tennis tournaments throughout the year.
- Visit the Cary Heritage Museum: This museum showcases the history of Cary and its residents.
- Attend a yoga class at Blue Lotus Yoga: This yoga studio offers classes for all levels.
- Play a game of laser tag at Frankie’s Fun Park: This family entertainment center offers laser tag, go-karts, mini-golf, and other attractions.
- Take a dance class at the Triangle Dance Studio: This dance studio offers classes in a variety of styles, including ballroom, salsa, and swing.
- Visit the Kids Together Playground: This inclusive playground is designed for children of all abilities and features accessible equipment.
- Take a hike at William B. Umstead State Park: This park offers hiking trails, fishing, and camping opportunities.
- Attend the Lazy Days of Summer Festival: This annual festival features live music, food vendors, and activities for kids.
- Visit the Herbfest: This annual festival celebrates herbs and features live music, gardening workshops, and food vendors.
- Go rock climbing at Triangle Rock Club: This indoor rock climbing gym offers climbing walls for all skill levels.
- Take a hot air balloon ride: Take in the stunning views of Cary from above by taking a hot air balloon ride. Several companies in the area offer this unique and unforgettable experience.