Burbank is a city located in Los Angeles County, California, United States. It has a population of approximately 105,000 people and covers an area of 17.3 square miles. Burbank is known for its entertainment industry, including movie studios and television production companies. Many popular television shows and movies have been filmed in Burbank, and the city is home to major studios such as Warner Bros., Walt Disney Studios, and Nickelodeon Animation Studio.
In addition to its entertainment industry, Burbank is also home to a thriving economy with a variety of businesses, ranging from small local shops to large corporations. The city has a highly educated workforce, with over half of its residents holding a bachelor’s degree or higher.
Burbank is also known for its strong sense of community and its focus on family-friendly activities. The city has a variety of parks and recreational facilities, including hiking trails, golf courses, and sports fields. It also hosts a variety of community events throughout the year, such as the Burbank International Film Festival and the Burbank Arts Festival.
Overall, Burbank is a diverse and vibrant city that offers a great quality of life for its residents and visitors.
Here are 30 fun things to do in Burbank City:
- Visit the Warner Bros. Studio Tour Hollywood: Take a guided tour of the famous Warner Bros. Studio, including sets and props from popular movies and TV shows.
- Go to a taping of a TV show: Burbank is home to many popular TV shows, such as “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” and “Conan,” and visitors can attend live tapings.
- Visit the Walt Disney Studios: Take a tour of the historic studio that created classic Disney movies and animation.
- Explore the Burbank Farmers Market: Shop for fresh produce, artisanal goods, and more at this weekly farmers market.
- Go on a hike in the Verdugo Mountains: Enjoy scenic views and hiking trails in the mountains just north of Burbank.
- Visit the Martial Arts History Museum: Learn about the history and culture of martial arts from around the world at this unique museum.
- Watch a movie at the AMC Burbank 16: Catch the latest blockbuster movie at this modern theater.
- Visit the Burbank Aviation Museum: Explore exhibits and artifacts related to aviation history and technology.
- See a show at the Falcon Theatre: Watch a play or musical at this intimate theater.
- Play golf at the DeBell Golf Course: Enjoy a round of golf at this scenic course located in the foothills.
- Explore the Chandler Bikeway: Take a leisurely bike ride or walk along this popular path that runs through Burbank.
- Visit the Stough Canyon Nature Center: Learn about the flora and fauna of the region and go on a guided nature walk.
- Go shopping at the Burbank Town Center: Shop for clothes, electronics, and more at this popular mall.
- Visit the Gordon R. Howard Museum: See vintage cars and other artifacts related to automotive history.
- Go ice skating at the Pickwick Ice Center: Enjoy ice skating and hockey at this popular rink.
- Take a cooking class at the Institute of Culinary Education: Learn how to cook like a pro at this culinary school.
- Visit the Burbank Historical Society and Museum: Learn about the history and culture of Burbank at this small museum.
- Watch a show at the Colony Theatre: Enjoy a play or musical at this popular theater.
- Explore the Burbank Creative Arts Center: Take art classes and workshops, or browse the galleries and exhibits.
- Visit the Castaway Restaurant: Dine on fine food and enjoy panoramic views of the city.
- Go bowling at the Pickwick Bowl: Have fun bowling with friends and family at this classic alley.
- Visit the Burbank Central Library: Browse the extensive collection of books and attend events and workshops.
- Go to the Burbank International Film Festival: Watch independent films from around the world at this annual festival.
- Explore the Burbank Public Art Collection: See a variety of public art installations throughout the city.
- Take a dance class at the Debbie Reynolds Dance Studio: Learn how to dance like a pro at this famous studio.
- Visit the Burbank Temporary Aid Center: Volunteer at this community center that provides food and other services to those in need.
- Attend the Burbank Arts Festival: See and buy art from local artists and enjoy live music and performances.
- Go to the Burbank Beer Festival: Sample craft beers and enjoy food and music at this annual festival.
- Visit the Burbank Animal Shelter: Adopt a furry friend or volunteer at this animal shelter that serves the community.
- See a movie at the Starlight Drive-In Theatre: Enjoy a classic movie experience at this historic drive-in theater.