Bloomington is a city located in San Bernardino County, California, United States. It is situated in the Inland Empire region of Southern California, east of Los Angeles and south of San Bernardino. The city is home to approximately 25,000 residents.
Bloomington covers an area of about 16 square kilometers and is primarily a residential community. The city has a diverse population, with a significant Hispanic and Latino community.
The city is located near several major highways, including Interstate 10 and State Route 60, making it easily accessible by car. The city is also served by public transportation, including the San Bernardino County Transit Authority and Metrolink train service.
Bloomington has several parks and recreational areas, including Ayala Park and Bloomington Community Park. The city also has several local businesses, including restaurants, shops, and small manufacturing companies.
Top 30 Fun Things to do in About Bloomington City
- Visit Ayala Park: This large park offers picnic areas, sports fields, a playground, and a community center.
- Go hiking in the San Bernardino National Forest: This nearby forest offers hiking trails, scenic views, and outdoor recreation opportunities.
- Explore the Bloomington Community Park: This park features sports fields, a playground, and picnic areas.
- Play a round of golf at the Sierra Lakes Golf Club: This golf course offers a challenging game and scenic views of the surrounding mountains.
- Visit the Bloomington Farmers Market: This weekly market offers fresh produce, baked goods, and other local products.
- Take a bike ride on the Santa Ana River Trail: This trail stretches for over 30 miles and offers scenic views and outdoor recreation opportunities.
- Go shopping at the Inland Center Mall: This large shopping mall offers a variety of stores and restaurants.
- Visit the San Bernardino County Museum: This museum showcases the natural and cultural history of the region, with exhibits and educational programs.
- Go to a movie at the AMC Dine-In Theatre: This movie theater offers a unique dining experience, with food and drinks served directly to your seat.
- Explore the Bloomington Historical Society Museum: This museum showcases the history and culture of the Bloomington area, with exhibits and educational programs.
- Take a tour of the California Institution for Men: This prison offers tours of its facilities, providing insight into the workings of the state’s correctional system.
- Visit the San Manuel Indian Bingo and Casino: This casino offers gaming, entertainment, and dining options.
- Go to the National Orange Show Events Center: This large event center hosts a variety of concerts, festivals, and other events.
- Go fishing at Lake Gregory: This nearby lake offers fishing, boating, and other water activities.
- Visit the San Bernardino Symphony Orchestra: This orchestra performs a variety of classical and contemporary music.
- Go hiking at the South Hills Preserve: This nearby preserve offers hiking trails and beautiful views of the surrounding mountains.
- Visit the Colton Area Museum: This museum showcases the history and culture of the Colton area, with exhibits and educational programs.
- Go to the Splash Kingdom Waterpark: This waterpark offers water slides, pools, and other attractions for all ages.
- Take a hot air balloon ride: Several companies offer hot air balloon rides over the Bloomington area, providing stunning views of the landscape.
- Visit the Riverside Art Museum: This museum showcases contemporary and modern art, with exhibits and educational programs.
- Go rock climbing at Hangar 18 Indoor Climbing Gym: This indoor rock climbing gym offers climbing for all skill levels.
- Visit the California Theatre of the Performing Arts: This historic theater hosts a variety of performances, from plays to musical acts.
- Explore the San Bernardino History and Railroad Museum: This museum showcases the history of railroading in the San Bernardino area.
- Go to the Fiesta Village Family Fun Park: This amusement park offers rides, games, and other attractions for all ages.
- Visit the Riverside Metropolitan Museum: This museum showcases the natural and cultural history of the Riverside area, with exhibits and educational programs.
- Go wine tasting at the San Antonio Winery: This winery offers tastings of their award-winning wines, as well as tours of the winery and vineyards.
- Visit the March Field Air Museum: This museum showcases the history of aviation, with exhibits and educational programs.
- Take a day trip to Joshua Tree National Park: This nearby national park offers unique rock formations, hiking trails, and opportunities for stargazing.
- Go to the Orange Empire Railway Museum: This museum showcases the history of railroading in Southern California, with exhibits and vintage train rides.
- Visit the Ontario Mills Mall: This large shopping mall offers a wide range of stores and restaurants, as well as an indoor entertainment center.