Bellevue is a city located in King County, Washington, United States. It is a suburb of Seattle, situated on the east side of Lake Washington. As of the 2020 census, the population of Bellevue was approximately 149,400, making it the fifth-largest city in Washington.
Bellevue is known for being a hub of technology and business, with many major corporations having headquarters or offices in the city. It is also known for its high quality of life, excellent schools, and beautiful parks and natural areas. Some of the city’s top attractions include the Bellevue Botanical Garden, the Bellevue Arts Museum, and the Meydenbauer Center, a major convention center.
Bellevue is a diverse and multicultural city, with a wide range of ethnic and cultural groups represented in its population. The city is home to a number of different neighborhoods, each with its own unique character and charm. Some of the most popular neighborhoods in Bellevue include Downtown Bellevue, West Bellevue, and Eastgate.
Overall, Bellevue is a thriving city with a lot to offer both residents and visitors. With its strong economy, beautiful natural surroundings, and diverse cultural offerings, it is no wonder that Bellevue is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in the United States.
Here are 30 fun things to do in Bellevue City:
- Visit the Bellevue Botanical Garden – This 53-acre garden features beautiful flowers, plants, and walking paths. It’s a great place to relax and enjoy nature.
- Explore Downtown Bellevue – This vibrant downtown area is full of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options.
- Go shopping at Bellevue Square – This upscale shopping mall has over 200 stores, including high-end retailers and restaurants.
- Take a walk along the Bellevue Downtown Park – This 21-acre park features a reflecting pond, waterfall, and walking trails.
- Visit the Bellevue Arts Museum – This museum showcases contemporary art, craft, and design from the Pacific Northwest and beyond.
- Attend a performance at the Meydenbauer Center – This convention center hosts a variety of performances, including music, theater, and dance.
- Go wine tasting in Woodinville – This nearby town is home to over 100 wineries and tasting rooms.
- Visit the KidsQuest Children’s Museum – This interactive museum is designed for children and features exhibits on science, art, and culture.
- Go for a bike ride on the Lake to Lake Bike Trail – This scenic trail takes riders from Lake Washington to Lake Sammamish.
- Take a hot air balloon ride over the city – This unique experience offers stunning views of the city and surrounding area.
- Visit the Bellevue Farmer’s Market – This weekly market offers fresh produce, baked goods, and crafts from local vendors.
- Attend a concert at the Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery – This winery hosts a variety of concerts throughout the year.
- Take a cooking class at Sur La Table – This cooking school offers classes on a variety of cuisines and techniques.
- Go paddleboarding on Lake Washington – This popular activity allows you to enjoy the lake while getting a workout.
- Visit the Bellevue Arts & Crafts Fair – This annual event features over 300 artists selling their work.
- Take a tour of the Boeing Factory – This factory tour takes you behind the scenes of the world’s largest building and the production of Boeing airplanes.
- Go skiing at nearby Snoqualmie Pass – This popular ski resort is just a short drive from Bellevue.
- Take a scenic drive on the Lake Washington Loop – This 60-mile loop takes you through some of the most scenic areas around Lake Washington.
- Visit the Mercer Slough Nature Park – This 320-acre wetland nature park offers hiking trails, kayaking, and birdwatching opportunities.
- Go ice skating at the Bellevue Downtown Ice Rink – This seasonal ice rink is a popular attraction during the winter months.
- Visit the Kelsey Creek Farm Park – This park features farm animals, gardens, and walking trails.
- Take a class at the Bellevue College Continuing Education Program – This program offers classes on a variety of topics, including art, cooking, and technology.
- Go rock climbing at the Stone Gardens Climbing Gym – This indoor climbing gym offers a variety of routes for all skill levels.
- Visit the Lake Sammamish State Park – This park features swimming beaches, boating, and picnic areas.
- Go kayaking on the Mercer Slough – This calm waterway is a great place to explore by kayak.
- Attend a performance at the Village Theatre – This professional theater company produces musicals and plays throughout the year.
- Visit the Bellevue Public Library – This modern library offers a variety of services, including free Wi-Fi, e-books, and children’s programs.
- Visit the Bellevue Zip Tour – This thrilling zip line tour takes you over the treetops and offers stunning views of Lake Sammamish.
- Take a hike in the Cougar Mountain Regional Wildland Park – This park features over 3,000 acres of forest and offers a variety of hiking trails.
- Attend a Seattle Seahawks game at the nearby CenturyLink Field – This NFL stadium is home to the Seattle Seahawks and offers an exciting game day atmosphere.