Atlanta is a major city located in the southeastern United States, in the state of Georgia. It is the capital and largest city in the state, with a population of over 500,000 people and a metropolitan population of over 6 million.
Atlanta is a major center for business, transportation, education, and culture in the region. The city is home to many Fortune 500 companies, including Coca-Cola, Delta Air Lines, and Home Depot. It is also a major transportation hub, with the world’s busiest airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, located in the city.
The city is known for its rich history and culture, including its role in the civil rights movement. The Martin Luther King Jr. National Historical Park is located in Atlanta, which includes the childhood home of the civil rights leader and the historic Ebenezer Baptist Church, where King preached.
Atlanta also has a vibrant arts and culture scene, with many theaters, museums, and music venues. The High Museum of Art is one of the leading art museums in the Southeast, and the Fox Theatre is a historic venue that hosts concerts, Broadway shows, and other events.
Sports are also a big part of Atlanta culture, with professional sports teams in football, basketball, baseball, and soccer. The Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Hawks, Atlanta Braves, and Atlanta United FC are all major sports franchises based in the city.
Overall, Atlanta is a dynamic and diverse city that offers something for everyone, from its rich history to its thriving business and cultural scenes.
- Visit the Georgia Aquarium – Explore one of the largest aquariums in the world, which features over 100,000 animals.
- Take a tour of the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historical Park – See the childhood home and church of the civil rights leader.
- Visit the World of Coca-Cola – Learn about the history of Coca-Cola and sample different flavors from around the world.
- Go to the Atlanta Botanical Garden – See a variety of plants and flowers in a beautiful outdoor setting.
- Visit the High Museum of Art – Explore one of the leading art museums in the Southeast.
- Take a tour of the CNN Center – Learn about the history of CNN and see how the news is produced.
- Go to the Atlanta History Center – Learn about the history of Atlanta and the surrounding area.
- Visit the Fernbank Museum of Natural History – Explore exhibits on dinosaurs, ancient civilizations, and more.
- Go to the Center for Civil and Human Rights – Learn about the history of the civil rights movement and human rights issues.
- Take a tour of the Georgia State Capitol – See the seat of government for the state of Georgia.
- Go to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra – Enjoy a performance by one of the leading orchestras in the country.
- Visit the Atlanta Zoo – See a variety of animals from around the world.
- Take a stroll on the Atlanta BeltLine – Explore this pedestrian and bicycle path that connects many of the city’s neighborhoods.
- Go to the Fox Theatre – See a performance at this historic theater, which dates back to the 1920s.
- Visit the Margaret Mitchell House – See the home where the author of “Gone with the Wind” lived and worked.
- Go to the Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change – Learn about the legacy of the civil rights leader.
- Take a tour of the Oakland Cemetery – Explore this historic cemetery and learn about the history of Atlanta.
- Go to the Atlanta History Center’s Swan House – Tour this historic mansion and learn about the lifestyle of the wealthy in the early 20th century.
- Visit the Michael C. Carlos Museum – Explore exhibits on ancient cultures from around the world.
- Take a tour of the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum – Learn about the life and presidency of Jimmy Carter.
- Go to the National Center for Civil and Human Rights – Learn about the struggle for civil and human rights in America and around the world.
- Visit the Atlanta Contemporary Art Center – Explore contemporary art exhibitions and installations.
- Take a tour of the Chick-fil-A headquarters – Learn about the history and business philosophy of this fast food chain.
- Go to the Atlanta Street Art Map – Explore the city’s vibrant street art scene with this interactive map.
- Visit the Krog Street Market – Explore this trendy food hall and shopping destination.
- Go to the Ponce City Market – Explore this mixed-use development that includes restaurants, shops, and a rooftop amusement park.
- Visit the Martin Luther King Jr. International Chapel – See the chapel where King gave his first sermon.
- Go to the Stone Mountain Park – Enjoy outdoor recreation and scenic views at this popular park.
- Take a tour of the Delta Flight Museum – Learn about the history of aviation and the airline industry.
- Go to the Sweet Auburn Curb Market – Explore this historic market and sample a variety of foods from local vendors.